I have a dsl 50 with a marshall 1960a cab. The thing is this cab is just to powerfull for home use and i am looking for something that is less powerfull for the home. I'm looking at a marshall 1912. Will my dsl 50 work ok with this cab?
What do you mean less powerful?

I assume you mean loud, in which case a smaller cab is not really going to make it much quieter. Valve amps are generally bad for home practice unless they're 1/2 a watt or something similarly small.
No. Do some research on the interwubs, there's tons of stuff out there. www.google.com is a good starting point.

You also need to try things out for yourself.
The best thing is to get a practise amp, the cab won't do that much really. Id reccomend an Epiphone Valve Jr. or Zvex Nano.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^40 watts of all tube power is loads, going to be way to loud for home practise.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Ok. so if i got a epi valve junior what cabinet should i use with it for home?
does the Zvex Nano, or the epi valve junior have a built in speaker or do i have to plug it into cab?
The VJ comes as a combo.

It seems fairly apparent you don't know what these amps are like (other than what's said on the boards), you really should attempt to try some of these amps out for yourself. Why do you need to have a valve practice amp?
Roland Cube anyone?

SS's really arn't too terrible for home practice - or at all for that matter.

Just don't get an MG

Cheers.
keep the cab you have now and get an Epi valve junior.
they also realeased an epi valve junior cab this year as one of their new models
the diff. between a 2x12 cab and a 4x12 cab or whatever is minimal.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules