hmm...

Randall G2 and G3
Roland JC-120
and some others I forgot...

EDIT: and yeah... +100000 for cody
if price dosnt matter then get a tube amp, seems logical eh?, and at least give us youre music styles and some sort of a budget?
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Carvin SX300.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by chris24789
if price dosnt matter then get a tube amp, seems logical eh?, and at least give us youre music styles and some sort of a budget?

uuuuuuuuh, no. Valve amps are not in all cases a step up from a solid state amp. It's nice to be able to have a good tone at a low volume.
Quote by codybcool
uuuuuuuuh, no. Valve amps are not in all cases a step up from a solid state amp. It's nice to be able to have a good tone at a low volume.

Valve amps sound good at low volume too. Sure, they get better when you crank them, but it isn't necessary.

Besides, valve amp dynamics are still there at low volumes.
i've heard that the high-end line 6 SS amps are good...drawing a blank on the name. vetta?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^^

it's the Line 6 Vetta's and the Flexitones...
digital stuff that gets really cool...
ahh i want a Vetta sooo bad!

i think would confuse me though.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Marshall Mode-Four.

I'm pretty sure thats the one with 2 SS channels and 2 tube channels. (correct me if I'm wrong)

But then you could have both worlds.

ALSO

I don't reccomend the Randall G2. I have it and want to throw it off my roof. Unless you want to buy it haha.

ALSO

Also, a guy i know toured with a nice line-6. Not the spider, or a low-end. But look for a nice line-6.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Randall 4x12 Cab (I hate it, but I'm poor)

Returning the Favour
the only thing I'll reccomend since you want a solid state amp is to buy an Analog SS amp and not a digital one.
Quote by Gutch220
the only thing I'll reccomend since you want a solid state amp is to buy an Analog SS amp and not a digital one.

why ??
whats wrong with a digital one?

have you ever heard the Line6 vetta. THE MOST innovative amp ive ever seen, and best solid state availible IMO
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

If you want a nice SS, a Marshall MG?

Idk, SS aren't my style.

Good luck finding what you need. :]
Epiphone SG
1979 Red/Black Fender American Strat
1979 Peavey Classic 75w Tube
Ibanez PUE5 Tube Effect
because digital is sound processing, and will always be a compromise as to how high the bittage of sound is. analog, however, is produced without a processor, so it will sound more natural. i suggest, however, that you invest in a used hughes and kettner tube combo. you will have 700 dollars left over, and you will be happy. also try soldano.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by The_Esoteric
If you want a nice SS, a Marshall MG?

Idk, SS aren't my style.

Good luck finding what you need. :]

i heard that the MGs arent that good..
opinions on that ??
Quote by mr_hankey
Valve amps sound good at low volume too. Sure, they get better when you crank them, but it isn't necessary.

Besides, valve amp dynamics are still there at low volumes.

Below 1 my 5150 sounds like utter shit. I've seen this same kind of thing on most valve amps i've ever tried, at their lowest they sound awful, a tiny bit higher and it's great. But sure, it does depend on what you mean by low volume, the room in which the amp is in and what amp we're talking about.
is there actually such a thing as analog SS? i was pretty sure there wasn't. i may be wrong, though.

and i'm still with the vetta.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by codybcool
Below 1 my 5150 sounds like utter shit. I've seen this same kind of thing on most valve amps i've ever tried, at their lowest they sound awful, a tiny bit higher and it's great. But sure, it does depend on what you mean by low volume, the room in which the amp is in and what amp we're talking about.

Can't you get a pedal or something that lets you turn it up and still get the cranked tube tone at bedroom levels? And dont buy a marshall mg, the tone sucks
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Can't you get a pedal or something that lets you turn it up and still get the cranked tube tone at bedroom levels? And dont buy a marshall mg, the tone sucks

it's called an attenuator, and all the reasonably priced ones suck tone.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
is there actually such a thing as analog SS? i was pretty sure there wasn't. i may be wrong, though.

and i'm still with the vetta.

i had a behringer head that said ''analog modeling''...for 200 bucks it wasnt bad.....till i got my 6505.........why in gods name would you want a ss amp with a budget of 2 grand??
Quote by Convicted_Man
i had a behringer head that said ''analog modeling''...for 200 bucks it wasnt bad.....till i got my 6505.........why in gods name would you want a ss amp with a budget of 2 grand??

1. a $2000 modelling amp is amazingly versatile, and 99% of people won't tell the difference between that amp and a tube one.

2. you could leave the volume on 1 and it would still sound fine.

EDIT: mascot meant pritchard.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
it's called an attenuator, and all the reasonably priced ones suck tone.

Ah ok, nvm then
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by tubab0y
1. a $2000 modelling amp is amazingly versatile, and 99% of people won't tell the difference between that amp and a tube one.

2. you could leave the volume on 1 and it would still sound fine.

couldn't have said it better myself !
+ no tubes to change
+ not so heavy
Last edited by fender&gibson at Jan 21, 2007,
i was looking at those pritchards, and they look pretty nice, though i've never actually played one. i have played a vetta, and they're amazing- in a blind test, my dad (who also plays) couldn't tell the difference between a vetta and a fender hot rod on the cleans.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!