I found this epiphone sg g-400 on ebay but its got gibson on the headstock? And apparently the pickups are gibson pickups as well so surly its not an epiphone. And for the starting bid is £140 so its a good price. But i don't think its right? I wana buy a g-400 but i haveent got the money yet lol so im kinda annoied but i'd rather buy in a store.

G-400
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Hmm....the headstock is a bit wierd. It's differently shaped to a real Gibson. It might be an old epi that was modded. If it were a real gibson '61 reissue SG, it wouldn't cost 140 pounds. I wouldn't trust it...
It says, "This is a Gibson Epiphone SG (model G400) with a Gibson headstock."
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by The_Crowing_IV

what he said
got teh micro?
Quote by The_Crowing_IV

thats all it is
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
i still wouldnt buy a guitar off of eBay especially a guitar that is sketchy on the brand. Plus, i have no idea how much a pound is in dollars
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
It was probably a different brand (other than Gibson or Epiphone), and the person merely put a new logo on the headstock.

I smell fish, don't waste your money
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
didnt Ibanez use to make Gibson guitars?
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by stratele
yeh but its got gibson pickups on

that doesn't make it a Gibson , plus their pickups aren't all that great considering how much they cost, i wouldn't trust it, even if it was an epiphone it would have it on the headstock
its not a gibson headstock, its a rip off of the gibson headstock, the gibson headstock is a book shape, that is a typical example, if i had to guess, i'd say it is an old 70's headstock, its not hard to get a gibson decal,... ebay.. etc
gibson headstock overlays, are not hard to come across on ebay either, (which are fake)
That's no Gibson or Epiphone - It doesn't have Gibson or Epiphone written on the Trussrod cover on the front of the headstock.

Epiphone G-400 (Notice the writing on the truss cover)

That guitars headstock

See - it's not Epiphone nor Gibson.
ok guys its really not that hard to customize a guitar, its pry an epi made to look like a gibson, id say mahogany body, if he lied about the pickups swap um, that looks like it is an epi body look at the contouring, so idk take a chance or just buy it from a shop and swap the P/Us
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Epiphone=cheap Les Paul and SGs Gibson=expensive nice Les Pauls and SGs
Even if it isn't epiphone I would get it because gibsons better
Quote by AdamDK
That's no Gibson or Epiphone - It doesn't have Gibson or Epiphone written on the Trussrod cover on the front of the headstock.

Epiphone G-400 (Notice the writing on the truss cover)

That guitars headstock

See - it's not Epiphone nor Gibson.

Well actually thats incorrect, my G400 has SG on the truss rod cover not epiphone. But you have indeed pointed out how it is blank. The headstock on that thing is generally dodgy as hell.

Its basically the guitar I have - faded red Epi g400

They put a Gibson headstock lookalike on it to make it look showy-offy lol, but they admit this and state it clearly "This is a Gibson Epiphone SG (model G400) with a Gibson headstock" They arn't trying to rip you off into thinking your buying a gibson. Too much anyway

Cheers.
are you serious! we are talking about a piece of plastic that can be bought for what.. 50 cent?.. you dont base your answer on that, the truss rod cover could be missing for whatever reason, the actual cover doesnt mean its going to make the guitar sound any better, im basing my opinion on what is evident to me there and my decision is based purely on the headstock, no company (apart from tokai) produce copys of gibson guitars with the open book headstock, that is a 50/50 gibson headstock, it is debatable as the edges are curved/spikey compared to my pictures above, ITS NOT A GIBSON, and i really doubt its an epiphone as the epi headstock is completely different, and its worth F all
what the **** is that shit.
the paint looks like shit, the headstock is COMPLETELY wrong.

DO NOT buy that.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
This whole thing is dodgy as shit, but that sure does look like a gibson neck (the color of the rosewood and the peachy binding)
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I don't know man, it looks really weird...I personally wouldnt bye a guitar over the internet/ebay etc... because u cant get a feel for its sound with out playing it first.
I know it sux to hear things like that when youve been looking for thhat type for a while.....
anyway its your call obviously to take the risk.

Gear: ovation roundback celebrity model
Ibanez TA20 troubadour amp....