Hey Guys, I'm looking to upgrade my amp. I currently have a Marshall Jcm2000 and I was thinking of getting something along the lines of a (used) 6505/5150 or Laney TT or of course a GH50. Either that or I would get my mates dad who makes valve amps to make me a Mesa Mark IV/Mark II c+ clone. What do you guys think are reasonable prices for all of these (my mates dad will make the amp at the cost of the parts as it's his hobby)? And which would you guys recommend, Oh, I would also keep my Marshall1960B cab....

Cheers
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
Last edited by HammerForce at Jan 21, 2007,
Doesn't sound like an upgrade to me.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Why do you say that?
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Quote by PooKoo
Yeah man, laney's are so bad compared to marshalls.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Anyway, I'm curious about the combination of a Mesa which is a very american sounding tone and the britishness of a brand like Laney...

Do you know what you want?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
It's kind of a funny question, I guess I want to sound somewhere in between the two, sort of able to sound like Vai, Petrucci etc but also able to come out with some more British tones, like maiden etc.. The problem with the Marshall which I had was that the amp didn't really give enough gain for my tastes and to be honest I thought the overdrive sounded weak,even with the volume at 5ish, any higher is just totally impractical for most of the times I use the thing. It's kind of a hard question but I think I will just end up trading my amps until I find one which I'm totally happy with, it could take years but meh....
Quote by Bill69

^Distortion pedal?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
lol

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Save up and get a Mesa Roadking... Uses both El34s and 6L6s And you can use them together. The best of both worlds.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab