So I want to buy a 7 string. I was looking at some Schecters, mainly the Damien 7 string or if I really stretch it then also the Blackjack 7 string, as well as the Ibanez 7321.

Any info on those guitars?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Get a Schecter Hellraiser C-7! Hellraisers are excellent guitars, especially for metal.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
all but the Ibanez can be found here. and maybe at your local guitar shop.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
I don't have enough for a Hellraiser, and I'm looking for a possible cheaper quality substitute.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Bump.

Please, a little help?
Uhh...ok, thanks.
well what sound are you looking for because out of all those i like the schecter blackjack the best, for 599.99 you get seymour duncan usa pickups, a set maple neck and a mahogany body, the necks are thicker more of a gibson style and i believe the neck is longer for drop tunning, but i seriously think maple necks are well suited for 7 strings because mahogany bodies and necks create too much bottom end, and also if im spending in the upwards of 600.00 i think a guitar should have a set neck, bolt ons are cool but set necks tend to sustain longer
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
get the schecter!!!!! you donkey porker!!!!!!!!!!!
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

Cant go wrong with a Ibanez 7 string. Though when i get one i have to get a Shecter because Im left handed and Ibby doesnt make lefty 7s so im gonna but dimarzios in it
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
Quote by dertjoe
well what sound are you looking for because out of all those i like the schecter blackjack the best, for 599.99 you get seymour duncan usa pickups, a set maple neck and a mahogany body, the necks are thicker more of a gibson style and i believe the neck is longer for drop tunning, but i seriously think maple necks are well suited for 7 strings because mahogany bodies and necks create too much bottom end, and also if im spending in the upwards of 600.00 i think a guitar should have a set neck, bolt ons are cool but set necks tend to sustain longer

Do you know if the extended scale really makes a noticeable difference?
Quote by dead-fish
Do you know if the extended scale really makes a noticeable difference?

The longer the scale, the higher the tension. It isn't really that different from, say, 24.75" to 25", but from any of those to baritone scale (27") you'll notice more tension in the strings.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
yep, but then again if you play ibanez esps or any 24fret guitar it will feel about the same
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by metallicafan180
Get a Schecter Hellraiser C-7! Hellraisers are excellent guitars, especially for metal.

HELL YES this guitar is insane for the money, man if I had money I'd have one lol.

pepsi
There is a new ibanez s7320 coming out you should wait for that.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by dertjoe

I'm almost positive the Blackjack has Duncan Designed pickups, not actual Seymour Duncan pickups in it.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

check it again, all blackjacks come with real duncans
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
you guys are funny, i wouldnt suggest a hellraiser for a guy who is on a budget.

the Washburn WG587 you can buy new for about 200 dollars, its NOS, and a few years back, they cost about 500 dollars. with a pup change, it is a very excellent guitar with great hardware. i suggest you take a look.
http://www.music123.com/Washburn-WG587-7-string-Electric-Guitar-i147832.music
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^Oh, that looks nice... Only problem is I can't order off the internet (only 17, don't got a credit card), and if I could, I wouldn't because I don't want to blindly buy a guitar and I don't have any place to try it out. But if I'll find one, I just might...

Slayer556, the S470 costs waaay too much for me over here, so a 7 string version will probably cost more. Shame, as it's the ideal 7 string for me...

Deadit: Unbelieveable! I found the washburn, but the guy is grossly overpricing it. I'll try to talk to him.
Last edited by dead-fish at Jan 22, 2007,
israel may be a problem for you, how are guitar stores there? ive never seen a WG587 in stores, but if you got a big store, it may be a possibility.

good luck though
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Well, 1 USD = about 4 NIS, and I have about 300-400 currently.