Keef-is-king
I am Orchestra geek!
2,785 IQ
Okay, before you flame me for asking about how we look I will say that we can play and we play more than take "promo shots." Actually, we don't even have pictures of ourselves in our entirety....

But anyway, I was wonderring what we could do to make more "visual sense" for an upcoming show. In the past we have been told that the way we look is contradictory, so I wanted your opinions on whether or not we should try to get more "uniform." We all dress different, so I'll break that down a bit:

Me(guitar): Tight Jeans, vintage t-shirts, pinstripe suit jackets. I play an Ibanez Jetking II and an epiphone Dot, both in sunburst as well as a sunburst archtop acoustic

Cassie(guitar): Looks like an emo child. Plays strats, one red and one of mine, which is coverred in duct tape, and an Ovation Acoustic(black)

Brian(Bass): Jeans, black t-shirts. Ibanez Bass

Mike(drums): Jeans, t-shirts, lots of bright colors.

Chris H.(voice, sax): Jeans, Hawaiian shirts

We play hard rock for the most part, very little metal.
ledzep1023
UG's James Bond
879 IQ
its hard to get a sense w/o acctually seeing a pic but i think its the hawian shirts that throw you off
by the way hows that epiphone dot?
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Why is your vocalist wearing a Hawaiian shirt. I don't think I could take that seriously.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
sjada
910 IQ
the emo thing would probly look a bit out of place but it doesnt matter. and hawaiian shirts are sweet. im not aperson who would want to be in the kind of band judged for their look before their sound but thats just me
Neogioh
Band
54 IQ
Yeah, the hiwaiian shirt is the fault. Unless he can find one that isn't too brightly coloured.

Also, imho, bassists/vocalists who wear baggy jeans on stage look rediculous. Im just saying....
Yahz0r
77 IQ
Shiet, it's not like Find The issue and go to next level. If your future depends on your clothing then it's ****ed up. Wear what you want, it's the music that matters.
Yahyah
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Sorry guys, but looks DO matter. I was in a band before where one of the members got fired. .and A reason (not THE reason) he got fired was because he didn't know how to dress and looked out of place. This is serious.. we once took a band photo and someone who saw it asked who that guy was. They thought he had just walked into the shot.

I also got a friend to become our band's stylist, but some of the guys were against that so it was dropped pretty quickly. I like style and fashion....
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
ar73m
Fantastik Pandastik
526 IQ
You do need to get some sort of a visual 'theme' if you want to be taken more seriously. You don't necessarily have to dress the same, but you should have at least one or two things that would be unifying to your band if you're serious about your perfomances and how you will be accepted by people.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Tsunoyukami
543 IQ
Yeah, I do like hawaiin shirts, but I think that clashes with the rest of the band.

The second out of place thing would be the emo kid, but it doesn't sound like he stands out TOO much.

I wish I could tell that looks didn't matter in music today, but they do. If you're planning on being serious and such you should develop a look over time. Don't try to sort out appearance until you've got everything else sorted out.
im_hungry
UG Board King
820 IQ
'There's only 2 types of guys that wear hawaiian shirts marge......'
JackFlash19
Doin it big
893 IQ
I would NEVER wear a Hawaiian shirt on stage.....That's gay as balls if you're playing rock/punk/metal......Jack Johnson can get away with it. Acoustic shows MAYBE. I wouldn't even do it then. And what you wear IS a factor because when you are on stage, half of your performance is visual. You are selling youselves along with your music, so you had better make the whole package good. If you got a rolex watch for christmas and it was wrapped in a trash bag and rolled up, you would give 2 shits about the wrapping but you sure as hell would think 'man, they half-assed this present'....You don't want anyone thinking you half-ass anything on stage. Those bands aren't any fun to watch at all.
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
who cares what you look like if you kick ass
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
jazkel24
UG Newbie
440 IQ
It shouldn't really matter what you wear. Be comfortable.

But in my band we all got white muscle shirts and spray painted our band name and logo on the front, and our made up rock names on the back. we got a lot of love from the crowd that night, cuz they actually knew what our name was.
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
She is a girl right?
yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
You guys should dress in schoolgirl uniforms. That would be hawt.
kaptink
whoa-oh-oh
651 IQ
Quote by Keef-is-king

Brian is on the left, this is the only pic of him I have, he doesn't like getting his picture taken.

It looks like the guy on the left just took a handful of pills
Ymogn
Wookiee Spy
43 IQ
Quote by jazkel24
It shouldn't really matter what you wear. Be comfortable.

But in my band we all got white muscle shirts and spray painted our band name and logo on the front, and our made up rock names on the back. we got a lot of love from the crowd that night, cuz they actually knew what our name was.

You can't wear shirts with your own band's name on stage.
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Quote by Ymogn

Tell that to bands like...

Metallica
Anthrax
CKY

And others I can't think of right now
K5000
UG's RHCP Lover!
53 IQ
you all look ok i just sorta think the emo style girl is stupid and unless he is really cool you are NOT going to get away wearing a hawain shirt

you can all be different but make some things look similar or you will all clash dramaticly!
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
Quote by Keef-is-king

then we'll have a guitar/bass duel. In our school girl uniforms. rgasmictronic:

F'kkin ace!
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
qurazy
Where's my damn pick?
182 IQ
David Lee Roth Jumpsuit
I am the Master of Puppies

Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Line 6 Sp III 30
Ibanez jumpstart (black)
Ibanez toneblaster (small amp)
Digitech RP80 Guitar Workstation
Hawker45
377 IQ
Quote by Ymogn

Mike Portnoy?
Quote by Kensai
Because 14 yr olds + teh internetz = liez

I made that up in math class.

Quote by Random Youtube Kid
Michael Romeo- You think he plays fast? You should watch him eat cream pies.
Avalanchi
612 IQ
You guys need better hair... Anyways I'd say just let everyone do their own thing. Also try talking to your band about it, it's pointless to come to us for advice if when you talk to your band about the advice you get and they get offended. See where they stand on it.
White_Devil
126 IQ
Quote by Ymogn

Nile?
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only