A brilliant game.
151 93%
A bloody awful game.
11 7%
A game I've never played.
0 0%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
Although I'm very bad and haven't been playing for long, I do enjoy playing chess. Who else is a fan of the game? Are you any good, have any favourite players, recommend any games or books, perhaps even a favourite chess set?

I've got Chessmaster 10th Edition for the PC, which I find very good, despite the occasional spelling mistake they've made.
i enjoy playing chess. i won a trophy at school shame it wasn't real gold though.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I'm a huge chess fan.
Me and my dad will sit down on a weekend and play a 3-hour game every now and again.
Brilliant game.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I don't mind the odd game every now and then.

My dad's famous, called Gary Kasparov, you might know him.

Okay, I phail.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I'll play a quick game of chess. Although I get bored easily so I tend to 'play on instinct'

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
i like playing chess, and draughts. haven't played in ages, but i used to be ok at it.

they had a giant chessboard at a hotel i stayed at once. i would have won, if the greek waiter didn't keep moving my pieces every time i went to get a refill
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I love chess. Used to play it all the time when I was little. I was in tournaments and shit. In grade 4 I was destroying kids in grade 8. I actually won 5 out of 5 of my qualifying rounds and got a certificate for it . When I told the chess teacher I was leaving the school to go to another one he almost had a heart attack.

It's pretty funny how I turned out to be a pot smoking metal head.
I enjoy watching two people play who are very good at it. I suck at it, though.
Death to Ovation haters!
Im fantastically awful - but I enjoy a game once in awhile. Usually against petty petty freshman at school or old people at washington square park. I just cant think far ahead enough to ever win
oooh yeah, chess is awesome.
havent played in a long time, but it's so much fun.

it'll be nice to have a little tournamant on playray, kinda like we had putt putt.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
I love it, but none of my friends play (Despite my many attempts to tell them that it's quite easy to learn). I also collect chess sets!
How could anyone EVER hate chess? It's pure genius!

I really suck at it (in my short life of 15 years, I have played quite a few games but never won), but I like it anyway.

I pwn at checkers, though, and I know loads of fun games to play on a chessboard.
A brilliant game! Aparantly all of UG loves it...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I like chess. I'm teaching my little brother how to play.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
its a good game, but i hate playing it because the only other person in my family who plays is my brother, and hes nationally rated and really awesome, so i always lose
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Haven't played in a while but I'm quite good when I try. I remember in 5th grade I was playing an 8th grader and I saw a chance to put him in checkmate but he was huge and I didn't want him to kick my ass, so I just delayed the rest of the game >_>
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
a brilliant game that will never get old. getting good at it makes becoming a gutiar virtusio look easy by comparison.
I like it, but don't like to play it. For the first like 20 moves, it is awesome. Woo I'm capturing shit, woo I'm closing in for the win! Then like after that its just boring as hell while somebody tries to keep moving their king to cause a stalemate.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I always find it weird when people say "I don't know how to play chess." because I learned when I was like four lol. Was never ever very good at it either. But one time there was this guy who came to our town, and he could play like twenty-eight different people at the same time. Only like ten people came, but needless to say I lost . I actually have this really nice set of hand carved stone pieces. One side is red and the other is like greyish black. It's pretty sweet, I don't think I'd sell 'em even if I never play again.
I like a game now and again. Are any of you guys on Redhotpawn.com? That's a good internet chess site.
Im not patient enough for chess. I always lose.
Member __ of "The Mars Volta Fan Club".
I love chess! its the best game to chill with and keep your mind strong.

read "The Amatuers Mind" by Jeremy Silman.

best chessbook ever. lol
I like it though I haven't played in years. I know a guy who's really good, he's got a pile of books on chess waist high...

(how much can you write about chess?)
I like chess and I'm good at it. But I don't play it a lot because everyone I know who knows how to play and wants to play sucks.
Bass is my life.
lol, i just won my first chess match in six years with gung-ho tactics. I had three pawns and a queen and king left against one pawn, two rooks a queen and a king, but went mad with the queen (which i hadnt moved the whole game) and won.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I love playing it, but I have absolutely no strategy, and I suck, but I love the game.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
All the kids in my club love that game, I used to play quiet alot, had this glass chess board and peices. I haven't played in a while, I should pick it up again.

I'm pretty bad at the game, but it's pretty cool.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Page 1 of 2