I'm looking to buy a chromatic tuner pedal, it's a pain having to tune up to a piano... But I have no clue which ones are better / more reliable, so could someone guide me?
Thanks, I'll look into those. What's the best and cheapest site I could buy these from?
IMO, I wouldn't go spending $100+ for a tuner, I dunno about you, but I wouldn't :/. Just my 2 cents
Fender PT-100s are my favorite, great tuners for the price too. Or if you want, go with the Korg, their a little cheaper, but their not bad.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-PT100-Custom-Pedal-Tuner?sku=215015
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-PT100-Pedal-Tuner?sku=215012
Last edited by Blash at Jan 21, 2007,
I would go for the Korg DT-10
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Woops, I also forgot to mention that I want to spend around 50ish CAD.

Thanks Blash, the only thing is, alot of the reviews for it complain about the pedal breaking and falling apart.. Have you experienced this, and should I worry about it? I don't gig or anything yet, but I'd rather not have to put parts back together every time I step on it.
Last edited by Romeo. at Jan 21, 2007,
just don't jump on it, and you'll be fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
just get a regular tuner, not pedal tuner, i dont even know why they would make those.
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Are the Fender tuners true bypass? And what's the difference between PT-100 and PT-10 (which I'm sure I've seen somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong)?

And by the way, per definition, would a rack tuner be more accurate/efficient in any way? Or is it just really a question of preference in design? How's the Behringer BTR2000 for example?
Last edited by maxter0 at Jan 21, 2007,
I have the Korg DT-10 and it's really awesome, although it's not true bypass. From what I've heard, the best true bypass tuner pedal is the Planet Waves one, it looks kickass. It's about 80 bucks if I'm not mistaken.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by thehardwayout
just get a regular tuner, not pedal tuner, i dont even know why they would make those.

It's pretty tough to use a normal tuner in a live situation, pedals are just more convenient.
The Stuff!
Quote by thyme
It's pretty tough to use a normal tuner in a live situation, pedals are just more convenient.

Oh,so hes talking about for gigs. Not for everyday bedroom kind of practice.
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.