MusicalMinority
someone's listening in.
2,028 IQ
Title's pretty self-explanatory. None of my classmates can play decently, and the ones who can are... Jerks. Completely. No one you'd want to play with.

I'm thinking of a small play-for-enjoyment-band, maybe a guitarist (me), lead vocals, a bass, and a drummer. Nothing big, just play together for the heck of it, just to have a good time playing.

So, any tips on how to find friendly band members who can actually play?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
MiG_853
The repentant paralegal
602 IQ
I wish I knew the answer... my solution was to teach my best friend how to play; but the ****er's better than me now, which isn't good for the old ego lol.
EirikFtw
It's banunnies! aw..****
68 IQ
well, what you could do, is put up notes about it in local music stores and other places.
...And the worms ate into his brain.
MusicalMinority
someone's listening in.
2,028 IQ
Well, I'm trying to keep it within my school, so that some random 70-year-old man doesn't wobble up on my front porch with a bass.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
EirikFtw
It's banunnies! aw..****
68 IQ
yeah well, when you put up posters and stuff, write how old you are, and what kind of music you'd like to be playing, and what sort of band mates you are looking after.

Secondly, being in a band with people you don't like, is not fun. But, being in a band with someone changes you views on the completely, so even though you don't like a person now, you could at least try it out. People tend to be different depending on the people the are around.
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Beggars can't be choosers
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
EirikFtw
It's banunnies! aw..****
68 IQ
^
So true
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
if you wanna be serious, play with the jerks, if not good luck in finding people
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
seriously - advertise - it works.
yesterday i saw this ad saying "Lead singer/guitarist wanted for indie rock band" and called the number... they have yet to call back though...

i had the same problem - the only people who could play at all were lazy as hell. I tried teaching friends to play but no luck...
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox