hey guys, i need to use weird C tuning for brun yr stomp by zepplin. ive heard that tuning your guitar up will warp your fret board. i need to tune the b up to c. will this be ok? cause i dont want to ruin a 1000 dollar guitar. and for how long can i leave it tuned up? thanks in advance

mike
use a capo?
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
If you're tuning up just use a capo

EDIT: If you're only tuning up one string it shouldn't make much difference. The neck is designed to be under tension and 2 steps on one string shouldn't make that much difference. Just remember to tune it back down afterwards
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Last edited by Cecil Gonzales at Jan 21, 2007,
i dont think youre supposed to ever tune your strings higher, only lower.
tuning a b string up to a c might make it snap.
if they need to go higher, youre probably supposed to use a capo.
Last edited by DoctrDrew116 at Jan 21, 2007,
mmm you may need a different guage string. Also if you keep you guitar like this it will NOT warp your fret board but keep alternating its tuning will.
tune everythings else down, except for the b string, and then slap a capo on it so that the other strings all are back to their normal tuning except for the b string, which will now be a c
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
u can easily do it but my word of advice is make shure when u change ur strings u put lots of slack before twisting the tuner and u should have no problem.....however ive never tried it. u say u might warp neck.....just do truss rod ajusting as u go
''Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation'' David St. Hubbins-Spinal Tap