anyone own any zoom products?

im interested in the G2.1u...

or- does anyone kno of a loop machine/multi effects unit??

or any other type of creative songwriting tools??

THANKS
My bass player has the B2, which I assume is pretty similar, and I really don't like it. Most of the 'effects' are really just trying to imitate the tone of a certain player. I would prefer an effects unit that gives you effects.
What do you want, a loop machine or a MFX? Cos loop machines are very expensive
i have the G2.1u.

by loops machine do you mean drum loops? cause the G2.1u has drum loops on it, but i dont use it much, i tend to make my own beats on acoustica beatcraft.

i got it for christmas and i have already mastered how it works, its real simple. cool expression pedal as well. 40 preset patches + room for 40 user patches is pretty good.

the one thing i would moan about is that it lacks the function of having 2 channels (e.g A/B) the korg ax1500G has this feature but it is a little more expensive.

you can get round this by storing 2 patches in a row but it doesnt fully compensate for not having the 2 channel feature.

for a first time multi-fx pedal i'd recomend it, but if you can stretch to the korg ax1500G or the boss me-50 i think they might be better
What's the benefit of having the 2 channels? What would you use that for?
Ibanez RG760 (For Sale)
Yamaha Pacifica (For Sale)
Zoom G2.1U effects pedal (For Sale)
Tanglewood Acoustic
Kustom 16DFX Amp
Quote by richardm80
What's the benefit of having the 2 channels? What would you use that for?

stereo effects, like chorus, rotary, maybe the ability to have to loop play on one channel and you play out the other, harmony effects, ping pong delay, etc
Quote by dhampian
anyone own any zoom products?

im interested in the G2.1u...

or- does anyone kno of a loop machine/multi effects unit??

or any other type of creative songwriting tools??

THANKS

The zoom stuff seems to be good for direct recording but not as good for like live stuff. I scrounged the internet for sound samples og the G9 stuff. Look in this forum... http://www.thestompbox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1437&sid=c1424d8c7fde0cc161b50dce3ca17299

Sorry its not the G2 but thought you might be interested anyway. You might consider joining that forum. They have good stuff about zoom and probably the G2
by the way, I own the gfx 8, a zoom pedal before zoom got taken over by samson tech, it's distortion is pretty awesome, it has models of marshalls, mesas, peaveys and the like. theres also a custom distortion option where you get to tweak all the different parts of your sound separately, IE, in you bass EQ you can choose wether or not to boost the bass, cut it, emphasize the lwer frequency, or higher frequency, match the highs or mids, etc. and you can also tweak it graphically on the pc thru midi. Too much tap dancing for live though...
i own a G7.1ut . Its a kickass processor! i really love it...no complaints other than the fact that it could use a better wah modeling.
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal