okay, so the screws that I'm using to connect the body to the neck, are a little shorter as the body their from the spaceing is smaller, instead of using a neck plate and stuff, could i just drill down on the back of the body to compensate for the needed length and then the back would be smooth...or would this mess up the finish(satin red)
Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
You could probably get away with it but why? Check out Home Depot or Lowes or your neighborhood DIY store and show them the screws you have and ask for a slightly longer version. Those guys can look at screws and immediately identify how many turns per unit, diameter, length. It would also help to tell them exactly what length you need.
i was thinking of just getting new screws...but i like the idea of having it smooth right behind the neck pocket. doing this wont mess up the paint or anything though?
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
dunlop 535q
^ As in countersinking it? If so, I'd lightly scour around the holes with a sharp cutter, just to make sure it doesn't tear off the finish. If the holes are big enough, it probably won't be an issue. I'd do it by hand instead of a power drill, and do it slowly ... the hole is there but still, do it gently, pretend it's a virgin.
how far should the screws go into the neck to counter the string tension...these screws go about a quarter inch into the neck as it is right now...how much should i be looking for?
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
dunlop 535q
the neck pocket seems to be an inch, or atleast close to it. quarter inch still good?
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
dunlop 535q