Finally a talented new band playing some good ol' classic rock, or a pathetic rip off revival band?

I love them personally.
ok.. i'm pretty sure Wolfmother isnt classic rock
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Wolfmother kicks ass and i would definatley consider them a classic rock band.
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
I'll really liking them so far. It's fresh to see a new band playing some good stuff.
Neither talented nor good. Listen to Witchcraft instead.

EDIT - that said, Dimension is annoyingly catchy.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by topcatyo
It's fresh to see a new band playing some good stuff.
You mean you think it's fresh to see a new band playing some old stuff
It's a shame Andrew Stockdale isn't that great of a guitarist, he's got a fantastic voice, though
Quote by skagitup
Finally a talented new band playing some good ol' classic rock, or a pathetic rip off revival band?

I love them personally.

they are pretty damn fantastic, i wouldnt call them classic rock as such, but certainly influenced heavily buy it

and for all of you calling them rip offs, shut up

wolfmother are not rip offs, they dont want to rip off led zeppelin, nor do they deserve to be labelled as such. the fact is that 80%of all modern bands dont even come close to the awesomeness of wolfmother

and yes, that is fresh
this is bullshit they arnt fresh, new , classic rock, and they dont sound like led zepplein. they are just a bunch of faggots who can't create any orignal music and then get adds on tv to tell people they sound like black sabbath and led zeppelin. then stupid people who enjoy listening to paranoid and whole lotta love all day will say they are good
Quote by yawn
You mean you think it's fresh to see a new band playing some old stuff

The stuff they are "ripping off" is really great stufff, so it's all good to me.
A Revival imo
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
And..

*reported*

Not classic rock.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by -andrew-andrew-
they are obviously ripping off other bands you would have to be a retarded cockoroach not to realize that

...and every band has ripped off jazz as that's where rock originated from.
We can play the Rip-off game all day, but I don't quite feel like it.
Either way, they sound good, I like listening to them, that's good enough for me.
Quote by Cptbeefheart
And..

*reported*

Not classic rock.

They call themselves classic rock, actually.
... they don't play classic rock, I hate you
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by skagitup
They call themselves classic rock, actually.

Then they are HUGE tools.... a band that formed a few years ago cannot be playing classic rock unless they are a cover band.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Classic rock: 1960s-1980's.. what year is it? 2007. They are not classic rock, there is nothing timeless or classic about them.. sure their tones and sound may be similar; but they belong in mod rock.

Annnd, everyone pleeease stop saying "Oh they are rip offf, they can't make their own music" - go look at some old classic rock records and look at who wrote the original songs, a lot of them were wrote by someone else long before the band even formed. Get used to it lol
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
the thing with older bands is they would listen to alot of different stuff and make it into their own for the most part but with wolfmother they probly only listen to led zepplein 1 and 2 and paranoid so they just try to rip that off. u can tell that they dont have alot of different influences probly only like 3 different bands so thats what they play