hey ive been playing for bout 1 and 1/2 years on and off, i love the sound of the guitar its awesome, especially with people like joe satriani and adrian and dave from iron maiden(i think its dave) im a teenager so things often bore me alot, i want to practise but i dont know what to practise, its like the simple songs like white stripes are shitty songs to learn, i need suffin that is quite fast paced with some soloing or maybe some advice on scales cos i never be arsed with them, but i hear they help alot, thanks for reading this

thanks anyway
ermmmmm my teacher said i shud learn those but its like getting round to them with my gcse's etc and my memory is pretty crap but im gunna try hard, GnR have some shit hot riffs tho lol the solo is awesome, i cant even play it on guitar hero 2 hard lol
yeah me too....i quit for a while for football and now i want to start up again...i have learned the pentatonic scales...and i do screw around with technique stuff like sweep picking and etc...what should i do now before football starts again?
metallica, iron maiden, anthrax, stuff like that is really fun
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
hmm cos the trooper is an easy song to learn lol end of heartache no probs, o yeh btw picking speed i find it hard to play realy fast, let me guess practise any other tips tho?
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
ermmmmm my teacher said i shud learn those but its like getting round to them with my gcse's etc and my memory is pretty crap but im gunna try hard, GnR have some shit hot riffs tho lol the solo is awesome, i cant even play it on guitar hero 2 hard lol
Lol I know what you mean, it took me atleast a full month to memorise the 5 modes of the blues scale (which is basically pentatonic minor with a few extra notes...I think) Just print them out on a piece of paper and try to to devote atleast 30mins a day to memorise scales. Atleast you're doing this while youre doing GCSE's I was doing em when I was writing A Levels :P

And if the Sweet Child O Mine solo is too hard (it defo is for me) just learn the riff and try to learn the solo to November Rain and KNockin on Heavens Doors, both a lot easier than that.
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
thx m8 ahhhh got a test tomoz lol meh cant be ****ed with it just live on the doll lol
Lol, get the 5 C's you'll need and work hard at A Level. GSCE is just a ticket to A Level.

I didnt revise for my GCSE's at all, but got good grades. When youre doin A Levels, you'll realise just how piss easy GCSE's were lol
I agree with Satch. 8 A's and 2 A*'s at GCSE with very little revision. AS and A level = much harder (in some subjects).

Anyway, try some Trivium, Metallica, Iron Maiden for some cool guitar stuff.

By the way, if you get bored and wanna stop in an exam just think this:

"As soon as this paper is done, I've finished this subject, might as well just do my best then I wont have to live with uneducated street cleaners (no offense if anyone here does that)".

Really helped during those 6 hours of English essays.....
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30