I love the Jem7V, infact I go to my local music shop nearly every saturday just to play it. Sadly its out of my price range and money just seems to burn a hole in my pocket so I never save anything.

I found the Jem555 online for £645 which is a lot cheaper and as far as I can tell it has pretty much the same spec as the 7V with regards to neck, pickups, etc.
Granted the V7 has a better trem and nicer looking gold hardware but I figure I can always upgrade these later.

Now the catch... I'm assuming the V7 is twice the price for a reason. Has anyone ever played a Jem555, if so how does it compare to the 7V?
More to the point is it worth getting or do I just need to lay off the beer for a few months and save up for the 7V
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Last edited by Cecil Gonzales at Jan 21, 2007,
JEM7vwh >>>>>>555
7vwh has an edge pro
555 has an edge 3 (shit)
7v- Full vine. Pearloid/ Abalone
555- Fake vine. Pearloid.
7v- Japanese factory- Better craftsmanship
555- Korean Factory- Questionalble craftsmanship
7v- Alderbody
555- Basswood
Over all the 7v is just plain nicer. Playing wise, sounding wise and looks wise
I've played both, there is a big difference in both soun
I'm back, you douchebags.
555 feels like a completely different guitar to me. Only similar esthetically. JEM555 is very poor quality. I'd pick a similarly-priced RG over a 555 any day. The guitar just feels and sounds nothing like a 7V, in my opinion.
Yeah I thought that would be the case. Guess I just got try and save up.

....or ram raid my local guitar shop LOL
You could find an Ibanez RG5xx/7xx instead and just change out the pickups. Granted, it won't look the same but it would be a very good guitar in the end. Plus you pay less.
I've already got an RGT6EX FX but I want a Jem. Like I said money just burns holes in my pockets