Page 1 of 2
i want something that sounds really recognizable but isnt impossible to play

a popular song.
*looks at your username*
Anything by Green Day.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
[Insert Song Name Here] - Green Day
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

i'd try for some mid-career green day stuff, like between dookie and american idiot. otherwise, if you're into pop punk, try some blink 182 and what not. then you can move onto earlier green day stuff (zomg solow0rx!) and ac/dc types of things. specific songs i'd say brain stew, dammit, and back in black (solo might be a bit tough for now, but don't be discouraged!).
I will fuc
umm boulevard of broken of dreams is really easy...if u like greenday...(which seems u do..) lol

Wake me up when september ends is pretty easy, i think its harder than Boulevard, but its ok...

im not a greenday fan but those sound ok...probably the most decent greenday song there is...
go look at the only good first song thread. Someone post link soon.

btw, anything by green day, blink 182, system of a down, etc is good.
i already know how to play brain stew, its easy as shit

its like 4 power chords

thats it

the whole song

but i know part of back in black

i dont know the solo tho
blah green day is gay, sorry i had to get that out of my system again.

play DWTS by disturbed, catchy, easy, and is recognizable by most people.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
system of a down is not ****in easy dude

they play way too ****in fast

i cant alt pick that fast.
Back in Black has some fun yet easy riffs. If you wanna get into a little bit of metal, anything off Metallica's "Black" album. (Enter Sandman, Of Wolf And Man, Sad But True, etc.)
Just play Serrana by Jason Becker. You should be able to handle that.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
i can play the beginning of hypnotize but i play it too slow

they pick too fast.

how do i work on picking faster?
Mary Had a Little Lamb?
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by stjimmy62992
i can play the beginning of hypnotize but i play it too slow

they pick too fast.

how do i work on picking faster?

I finger pick with my thumb and 1st finger for the intro. And don't forget it's in Drop-C.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Just practice picking as fast as you can while doing something mindless like watching tv. Worked for me
Dude. System Of A Down isn't easy. Especially for a beginner. Switching between chords that fast, the only talent in the whole ****ing band is in their guitar.

I have to agree with Down With The Sickness by Disturbed.
Oh, and Iron Man. No one's suggested it yet. Broken by Seether isn't too hard if you're good at finger picking. Be Yourself by Audioslave, though not as widely known as their newer stuff, is still very easy and very beautiful. All Flyleaf songs are easy. Lips of an Angel. Enter Sandman. Crazy Train intro. Last Resort by Papa Roach if you're fast enough. By the Way by RHCP. There's some to get you started.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

but dude how do i build my skills up cuz i cant pick ALL THAT FAST. and the tabs on here suck.
Quote by stjimmy62992
well where the hell do i get tabs because the tabs on here make no freakin sense

Do you know how to read them?
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

The 5-star tabs on here are usually pretty good. Just keep practicing.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

kinda

i know how to read like real tabs in like measures and shit

but the shit on here is like all mis aligned and like a lotta of them i click on suck.

they are like all wrong.
Get Guitar Pro.
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Epiphone G310 SG
Fender Stratocaster HSS

Amps
Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack

Pedals
Digitech RP80
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
Download it off Limewire or Torrents. It's free that way. Also, Power Tab Editor is free.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

dude wahts all that rythym fill shit in enter sandman

it confuses the SHIT outta me

i don kno whhat the hell im supposed to do man
i dont know where to start.
to pratcice for hypnotize on the two strings you use in the song pick the one that you pick open twice just open and the the bottom string once and rotate with that
I'm ****ing tired of your bitching. Grab a Power Tab and play whatever the **** you like, not what's easy yet recognizable.
Page 1 of 2