Whats the difference between these two Vox pedals?

I have an Ibanez WD7 now and like it but pedal is huge

I'm looking into a Vox as they are smaller but I have yet to see any auto on setup on any other pedal...

as of now im leaning towards the 847 due to its price
Don't buy one because they're.....smaller.

The 848 is more vocal and Hendrixy, the Vox v847 is a bit less vocal and doesn't have true bypass.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
try em out and then buy that one. if you like em both and cant decide then make a thread. or buy the cheaper one
The 847 can't use a power supply, and has to be run on 9V batteries.

If the 848 is the Clyde McCoy reissue, then it has true bypass (sounds better, uses less power when not activated, still lets the sound through even without power) and can run on a power supply so that you don't have to blow money on batteries. A power supply is also a good backup in case you run out of batteries during a show.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
the 848 has an AC input, true-bypass carling DPDT switch, and a reissue fasel indector

the 847 doesn't have those,
however, I don't think the wah needs an AC input, and the inductors are a matter of preference. I prefer the regular inductors over the reissues.

The true-bypass switch it the most important difference, but you can buy a $10 Carling DPDT switch and change it easily.

I prefer a true-bypass modded 847 over a stock 848
Well the V848 has true bypass and AC jack, but is suppose to have bad reliablity. From what ive heard the V847 is better. I have a V847 and it sounds awesome, but it eats tone! So im gonna mod it to true bypass.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
My Clyde McCoy's never broken down on me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Well ive heard it has reliablity issues, but since i don't own one or has tried one i can't confirm it. Though it's stated alot in the HC reviews...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The biggest difference is in the TB and DC jack, which I know you can change, as I've seen you on the DIYstompboxes forums.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah the one i played when i was buying a new wah was definitely true bypass, but that could have been done aftermarket as it was a used pedal, but IMO the v847 doesnt have enough "wah" and its midrange sounds kinda bad, i ended up choosing an almost stock (modified with external battery door and true bypass) crybaby over it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm