My band are doing a performace of "The Corrs - Old Town" sometime soon to help get a BTEC in performing arts.

My part in this is lead guitar, but seeing as there is no lead guitar, ive just got to put in little improvs when i think it would fit, and i was wondering if anyone had any advice... for starters i dont know what key it is in.... so if anybody knows tht itll be a lifesaver, and a much needed base to improvise on

if anybody has any further help like any catchy licks or riffs, any variations i could add in to make it more interesting, and what scale i should use, im taking it for granted that i should use a minor pentatonic. any info will be very appreciated

thanks
Super. So I typed in your song on youtube. dont really like it but i thought id you you a favor. I don't know too much about scales but im almost positive this is in minor pentatonic.
Anyway I just wrote you up some notes that you can improvise around, maybe come up with something flavorable for your performance. Anyway. Good luck.

Standard Tuning
e|----------------------------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------2-4-5-------------------------------------|
A|------2-3-5---------------------------------------------|
E|-3-5-----------------------------------------------------|

e|----------------------------------------------|
B|---------------5-7-8------------------------|
G|------4-5-7---------------------------------|
D|-5-7-----------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------|
thanks a lot mate, i dont really like the song either, but majority rules in this day and age :P cheers tho