When you're warming up before a show should you play some of your licks at full speed or should you do them real slow like when you're practicing them alone with a metronome? Is there a specific way to warm up?

BTW I posted this in the electric guitar forum but then I realized it should probably be in this one. Oops.
We're only strays.
Ghehe, when I wake up I play master of puppets until the slow solo for about three times, you get all kind sof movements in your hand, its fast so you really warm up.

It sounds like shite the first time you play right, but still...it works
Never ever start warming up at full speed. That's not warming up, that's forcing the muscles. Ever see a marathon runner warm up by sprinting a mile?

Just take it very slowly and controlled and be sure to include some stretches..
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
We did a show last night and while I was warming up my fretting hand was aching at the wrist. I know thats not good. I started full speed though. I didn't even get the fills I was warming up for either cause our drummer was about 10 bpm too fast lol. And when I woke up this morning my fretting hand's index finger was a little numb on the tip for awhile, although it feels fine now. I think I'm going to take the day off of guitar to let it recuperate.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
We did a show last night and while I was warming up my fretting hand was aching at the wrist. I know thats not good. I started full speed though. I didn't even get the fills I was warming up for either cause our drummer was about 10 bpm too fast lol. And when I woke up this morning my fretting hand's index finger was a little numb on the tip for awhile, although it feels fine now. I think I'm going to take the day off of guitar to let it recuperate.

Yeah you really should let it recover. That doesn't sound too promising at all... About warming up, listen to elvenkindje.