hi

i am shortley going to be doing a gig for my mums 40th birthday party.i have the guitar gear moastley sorted thare are just i few questions i need to know will you please hellp?

i am going to have a audiance of about 200-250 do you think i will pull it off whith just a 150w ss amp whithout a pa ?

will i need a monitor so i can hear my own sound if so how do i hook it up and how much will it cost?

and moast of all i am going to be singing ,i have a mic and a stand but what shal i run this through so it can be herd over the amp?

thanx for youre hellp
Last edited by tiny0514 at Jan 21, 2007,
well If the hall is quite big I recomend run trough a PA and so for the mic. and do use monitors, trust me...
how to hock it up... I can't tell you withiut screwing up
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
if you are gonna be singing your gonna need a pa, and depending on whether youre playing inside or outside you should mic that amp too, but you shouldnt need a monitoring system
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
u need a seperate pa for the singing since it'll be a large crowd. hooking up all that...not so sure on how to do it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
well i am playing on a small stage in a chrch club the room is not that big just enuff to seat around 200
could i use say a 100w guitar amp and plug the mic into the line in
if its a church then their should be a pa system already im guessing right? you shouldnt need to mic your amp then, i play in my church all the time,
did you ever think about maybe just doing an acoustic set?
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
it aint the acyual chirch its the chirch club and i aint to shure if thay have a pa. my mum has booked a dj for the night do you recon i coud use his mic if he lets me
you could always ask him if the club doesnt have a pa, but i would guess they do in some form or another.
Quote by CORT noob
whats the diferance between pasive and active moniters , do the active ones rum on mains power?