Hey everyone. So I'm talking about mod as in the people in the 70's, not the moderators of this forum.

So about a month ago me and two of my friends watched Quadrophenia. I'd seen it before but they hadn't. After we watched this film, my two friends became obsessed with mod. They kept going on about it, saying they're mod etc. and one wants to wear a 'mod suit' to prom in the summer.

So today I'm out with my friends, one of which was wearing skinny 'mod' style jeans (apparently mod style anyway), a fred perry shirt, and a badge with the target thing on it (blue-white-red thing) and he seriously think's he's mod. And he was telling me that he saw a mod outside the shopping mall wearing a mod suit and a parker with the fur and everything, and he said that yesterday he saw 3 'mods' who were properly dressed as mods walking around who were only about 13-14 years old. And he's saying that mod is coming back into fashion. BTW me and my friends are 15/16

In summary, have any of you seen an uprise in mods lately? Any news of mod coming back into fashion? Anything at all?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
The mod style's cool, I've seen a bit of an uprise(not much though), I dress slightly mod-ish myself (not intentionally, someone pointed it out). But I don't think it's coming back.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Huh....never heard of it, I Wiki'd it and all, though.

Sounds...interesting....to say the least.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Sorry if I sound ignorant to no end, but what is a mod?
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
That is an excellent movie and an excellent album and an excellent live show.
ive been called mod before and i like it because no one is modding these days.......i think indie people are our like modern day mods hahaha
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
Quote by timeh
i think indie people are our like modern day mods

i don't know if you're serious or not
but i agree. and i like it
How many times did you say mod in that post?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quadrophenia was an ideal concept, and would have been an awesome flick if executed properly, unfortunately though, it was shit.

Mods aren't coming back any time soon I don't reckon, but I can remember in high school everyone used to think they were Mods because they had slightly long hair and listened to Oasis

Quote by fronkpies
How many times did you say mod in that post?

Last edited by olif8 at Jan 21, 2007,
^Lol, I have no idea what you just said, but I liked it.

Went parker shopping today, didn't come away with anything though, friend was kinda undecided. There's a mod shop where I live called 'Jump the Gun' and I think there MIGHT be a new one just opened but I'm not sure.

Yeah I like the mod style. What's the difference between a regular suit and a mod suit? MY friend says a mod suit is more tight fitting but I don't really know.

edit: That was to _mayday_

And to fronkpies, I can't be asked to count.

Edit2: ....................... 14

Not including the title
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Jan 21, 2007,
I think theres alot of people mistaking emo's for mods, Latest emo styles are very mod-like and after all emo has always taken in retro stuff like converse, studded belts, checks and stripes, boxers being on display lol.

Cheers.
Is there anyone like me left? who just throws and old pair of jeans and a shirt and doesn't give a fuck about style. Style, sounds to much like hard work.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Would you consider ginger Fiz off Corrie to be a mod. She wears some slightly mod stuff sometimes and has a scooter
ive been called a mod, i was wearing skinny jeans, a red military shirt n a matchin red skinny tie lol
Quote by Vedder=GOD
Mods are complete tards.

He's a rocker, GET HIM!

Hah, that's enough merriment.

Do you think I'm right in being frustrated that my friend thinks he's mod? I mean yeah he can dress how he wants and all that, but he's only known about 'mod' for like a month, and his myspace is totally mod (done in red white n blue with the kinks for music and quadrophenia pics) and he's saying he likes all these mod bands even though he knows 1 of their songs which he's liked for a week or two.

Also the thing that gets me. He's actually acting like the mods in quadrophenia towards 'rockers'. I mean how bloody stupid is that. If he sees anyone with a leather jacket or anything like that he's like '****ing rocker' or something. God, pisses me off.
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
He's a rocker, GET HIM!

Hah, that's enough merriment.

Do you think I'm right in being frustrated that my friend thinks he's mod? I mean yeah he can dress how he wants and all that, but he's only known about 'mod' for like a month, and his myspace is totally mod (done in red white n blue with the kinks for music and quadrophenia pics) and he's saying he likes all these mod bands even though he knows 1 of their songs which he's liked for a week or two.

Also the thing that gets me. He's actually acting like the mods in quadrophenia towards 'rockers'. I mean how bloody stupid is that. If he sees anyone with a leather jacket or anything like that he's like '****ing rocker' or something. God, pisses me off.

Thats why i despise them. There chavs that try to be different. They think 'mod' is a supreme style even though you cant be a mod without being alive during the mod era. Post his myspace please. I wanna ****ing kill him.
Lol nah I would but he's really a cool guy, plus he's like one of my best mates.

Hey i've got another question. Fred Perry, is it a classy make? I don't think it is but my mates seem to think it is. I mean, he was a tennis player, and it's all sportswear. Your thoughts?
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
Hey i've got another question. Fred Perry, is it a classy make? I don't think it is but my mates seem to think it is. I mean, he was a tennis player, and it's all sportswear. Your thoughts?

Used to be, until it was whored by the chavs.
Quote by _Mayday_
Used to be, until it was whored by the chavs.

+1

They destroy all good clothes. Burberry,Tan boots,Timberlands any clothing that is wore by the middle/upper class they will destroy it by making stupid cheap remakes of it.
^true. I'd like to see a chav going into the burberry section in harrods. I went in there couple of weeks back, unreal prices.
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.