Heres the first one : Standard Stratocaster
And heres the second one: Standard HSS Stratocaster

I know the second one has a humbucker, but what exactly is a humbucker? Can you give examples of specific guitarists that use the standard HSS stratocaster. What type of music is best suited to be played on a HSS? Thanks.
Whilst the pain subsides, the fear perpetuates.
[ scrutinize every bit of conformist info fed to you ]
The first one is SSS and the second one is HSS. The humbucking guitar is exactly what it sounds like - it bucks your hum. If you try to play anything with high gain distortion on the SSS, you'll get a lot of hum from your pickups. The humbucker will eliminate the hum, making it more appropriate for music with a lot of distortion.

You can also get the SSS and get a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail pickup which is a humbucker in the shape of a single coil pickup.
its the setup of the pickups hte hss has a humbucker and the normal one just has three single pickups
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
thanks for the swift response. What sort of music is best played on a HSS?
Quote by SuperSnake2012
The first one is SSS and the second one is HSS. The humbucking guitar is exactly what it sounds like - it bucks your hum. If you try to play anything with high gain distortion on the SSS, you'll get a lot of hum from your pickups. The humbucker will eliminate the hum, making it more appropriate for music with a lot of distortion.

You can also get the SSS and get a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail pickup which is a humbucker in the shape of a single coil pickup.

you are true, but your giving him the impression that humbuckers sound the same just with no hum; they sound thicker and fatter then single coils, not to mention other things.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Well, Kirk Hammet of Metallica played one back in the day, as can be seen in the video for One...
your really lazy...and stupid...just search on google or wikipedia or even fender.com and all will be revealed.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
and your using your time wisely by typing non-sense. lovely sunday afternoon for you isnt it? rofl
Quote by SuperSnake2012
it bucks your hum.

Baby, I'll buck your hum all night long.

Erm, humbuckers cut out hum (hence the name) and also have a completley different tone.

It's not as trebly, among other things.
I'm bad at descriptions; play both of them!
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
ok to answer the question the humbucker is probably better for doing a little more heavier stuff like led zeppelin or something like that and the single coils sound too thin imo
^^You realise of course that much of Zeppelin's studio work (especially in their early days) was recorded on Telecasters?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
yea im saying most of their stuff was on les pauls and they always come to mind first when i think of humbuckers i wouldnt think a hss strat would be a great death metal guitar or anything but its probably a good all around guitar
Well obviously the latter has a humbucker, but what's more important, the latter is more versatile, you can probably do some light metal with it.
Quote by 420 FREAK
yea im saying most of their stuff was on les pauls and they always come to mind first when i think of humbuckers i wouldnt think a hss strat would be a great death metal guitar or anything but its probably a good all around guitar

Telecasters have single coils. Jimmy Page had pretty thin tone, and that's due to the tele's thing sounding single coils and super thin strings.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Telecasters have single coils. Jimmy Page had pretty thin tone, and that's due to the tele's thing sounding single coils and super thin strings.

I'm a led head and I kno that Jimmy Page used a telecaster but his main guitar was a Gibson Les Paul
the humbucker is betrer for playing distorion and the single has more of a twangy tone to it

try them both out

I prefer single coils but I would probably buy the HSS just for the versitility
I you play in an electrically noisy environment (around computers, flouescent lighting, etc.) get a humbucker.

By the way, the Squier in my .sig below was origninally SSS, now it's HSS, curtosey of a little routing and some new Carvin pickups.
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
Quote by giaft

The idea behind the HSS is that it has the versatility to play virtually any kind of music.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by giaft

Humbuckers can be used for tons of things. They give out a little chunkier of a sound than a singlecoil does. Humbuckers are used almost all the time in hard rock, metal, and a lot of classic rock. Metallica, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Zeppelin, all use Humbuckers for the most part. Single coils give you a glassier sound when on clean, and a twangier sound when you have distortion. They also hum and feedback when there is a lot of distortion being used, which also has a role in them not being used for metal so much. Hendrix used single coils, Clapton uses them, as well as a whole bunch of other musicians. It all depends on what kind of sound you want. I would suggest going to a store and trying out the different kinds of pickups in different positions, and seeing what sounds best for your style of playing.
Quote by timi_hendrix
One of them is blue.

word.

basically, if you play anything heavier than lightish classic rock, you'll appreciate having a bridge humbucker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?