I want to learn a clasical song for electric guitar with my friend. He's not very good (neither am I, really) so I want it to be pretty easy but still challenging and cool-sounding. Also I'd like one with harmonized parts.

Thanks for any recommendations. I listen to classical quite a bit but most songs I've been interested in learning have either been way to insane or just to simple, so something in between for me and my friend would be nice. Thanks!
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Canon... in D?

*gets shot in both kneecaps and buried alive somewhere in deep Siberia*

... Err really, I don't know. I am not into classical that much. Why not try to take a song that you both like, and work on your own version of it.

Take Bob Dylan's Knocking On Heaven's Door for example. Me and our rhythm guitarist took that song, and used the vocal melody to come up with a duet.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
...ZIGEUNERWEISEN FTW!!!11 lol...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I think theres one called stacatto(?not sure about that bit really?) fuge in Am by JSB...its what the riff from plug in baby is based on...anyway thats got some cool parts in it that could be used as duet guitars...my guitar teacher showed me how he and another pupil of his turned it into a metal duet...that was weird
no im telling u this is super easy and its so awesome on two guitars =)) zigeunerweisen the 3rd movement lol
Moonlight sonata?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
wow i was wrong its tocatto and fugue (sp?) in D minor...ah well its still what i said before and the tabs on here tell you how to play the crazy transylvania cliche music
Quote by Kensai
Moonlight sonata?

Way to throw that in there genius, what movement you talking about?
The first movement is the most popular but it's slow paced and there isn't exactly much room for a duet there.
Quote by Burpbelly
I think theres one called stacatto(?not sure about that bit really?) fuge in Am by JSB...its what the riff from plug in baby is based on...anyway thats got some cool parts in it that could be used as duet guitars...my guitar teacher showed me how he and another pupil of his turned it into a metal duet...that was weird

I think you're going for "Tocata and Fugue in D Minor" by J.S. Bach.
Quote by Archaon
Way to throw that in there genius, what movement you talking about?
The first movement is the most popular but it's slow paced and there isn't exactly much room for a duet there.

Well I'm sorry there archaon if I spoiled your perfect day with my suggestion, but maybe your next day will be better.

I'm talking about whatever 'movement' threadstarter should choose, maybe the first. It's fairly easy, as the threadstarter and his friends are relatively new to playing the guitar. One guy play the melody, the other the pickingpattern...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Moonlight Sonata is to easy and a bit...downbeat . I don't think Tocata and Fugue in Dm is right either. I have no idea what Zigeunerweisen is or who it's by, but it's not on UG. I'm gonna check out Beethoven's 6th right now. Thanks for the help and keep the recommendations coming.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WcSxjOSp4TU

thiers a guy playing the 3rd movement of zigeunerweisen on guitar its pretty kool o ya its by pablo sarasate
Wow, that song is so out of my league, haha. Amazing.
i know its outta a lot of peeps league i was just being sarcastic... actually the first guy who posted here's idea wasnt bad.. canon in D is a good duet song
Quote by Robbie n strat

i like

EDIT: jeez how long is this... ive been listening to it for liek 10 minutes and its not over lol
Last edited by C.C. Deville at Jan 21, 2007,
Ahh, I like as well. Very nice piece. That might be good for us, of course I'll have to try it out cause the speed is kind of weird. Thanks for the piece.