I have a Schecter Omen 6 and a Line 6 Spider II and I'm not really happy with the sound. Annnd...I don't really know that much about this kind of stuff [obviously] sooo...what would you suggest? New pickups? New amp? Both?
New amp. Amps are the biggest factor in your tone and the Spider isn't the best. Trust me.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Could someone elaborate on a good amp?
It needs to be small and not too expensive. I've heard good things about the Roland Micro Cube.
Roland Cube 30
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Your not gonna help yourself by getting another small amp.

You get more tone if you have 12'' speakers, and even more with mutiple speakers. That statement excludes any fender amp other than the FM series.

A fender blues Jr. would be a good choice, although you'll want an OD pedal.
If you find a B-52 S or AT series amp on ebay, taht would be a wise selection.
A 40watt or greater XXX, 6505 combo would do the trick as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Given his idea of getting a micro cube, i assumed his budget is pretty low. And given his choice of guitar and amp, I'd say he plays a lot of metal in which case a blues jnr. would be a sucky choice.
Quote by aliwilson27
Given his idea of getting a micro cube, i assumed his budget is pretty low. And given his choice of guitar and amp, I'd say he plays a lot of metal in which case a blues jnr. would be a sucky choice.

There are many people on this site who use the Fender Blues Jr. Because its low in wattage it gets quite a bit of grit by cranking the volume. I've also heard you can get a Cannible Corpse tone if you use a Boss MT-2 with it.

Its just waste of money trying to get a better tone on just a small practice amp by replacing it with another practice amp.

Its just common sense to not spend another $200-$300 on something that can't be used oustide the house unless micked up, or just jamming with another guitarist or bassist.

My final point, get a new amp, something that will be able to satisfy you for at least two years before needing to upgrade. Otherwise you'll be in a situation a year from now wanting a new guitar and a new amp and some effects and you have to choose from the three.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
If you only have enough for a microcube, there's a good chance that you don't really have enough cash to make a noticeable improvement.

The cube is better, but I'm not sure if it's enough better, if you see what i mean.

What don't you like about your tone? How much money can you gather up?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
vox for sure
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
If you have the cash go with the peavy valve king 1x12 mostly because its all tubes and has a speaker jack so you can plug it into a cab if you nead more power