Has anyone here put locking tuners on their SG? I really want to do this but I don't want to have to drill any new holes. Does anyone know of a locking tuner that will be a direct bolt on for the existing holes? I have an SG Special if that makes a difference.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
When I asked about that once, the guys said there was a locking version of the tuners already on SGs, have a look for them.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Why would you want to? SGs have good tuning as it is.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
Why would you want to? SGs have good tuning as it is.

Very true.

If you had a Stetsbar or something (like I had) it would make more sense to have them.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Eh, I bend pretty heavy, and often, and apply thick vibrato, so my SG used to always get out of tune. I got Sperzel locking tuners installed, I didn't need drilling, as my tuner holes were already 10MM...Check on yours, thats what you need for Sperzel...but I had to get the old tuner's screws filled. That's easy, though. Wood glue + BBQ skewer.
I don't mind if there are holes where old screws used to be, I just don't want to have to drill new ones. So you're telling me that I can just swap the Sperzels in and use one of the existing screw holes from the stock tuners?
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic