Page 1 of 2
Well last night i had my first car crash. And it couldn't have been a stupider way to do it either. I was stopped on the side of a street (the street was a thin one so i was parked on grass rather than bitchamin) with my engine and lights off so i could make a phone call. Once i had made the call i decided to take off without my headlights on. When i say decided i mean forgot.... Somehow I managed to glance the side of a pole and have my front right tire slam into it hard enough for the axle to bend. I was moving at like 10 km/h so all i got was a bump on the head. I Havn't had the damage valued yet so lets hope i don't need a new axle

But i was soo shaken by it. I managed to finish my delivery (i work for Dominos) and get back to base where i basically fell down on the floor crying. I knew in my head that it wasn't a bad crash but the whole time i was just thinking, what if i had been a meter to the right?

I thought this might be a good oportunity for people to share their stories of their first, worst or last crashes.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
A few years ago I was in the car with my sister and two friends of ours. It was early winter and the roads were a bit slippery. Somehow the truck started sliding all over the place - it was an Envoy .... we ended up hitting a tree in the forest off to the side of the road. The truck was totalled, we bailed out of the car and it was in flames.
Trashed our dads envoy that day - not a pretty sight.
well it wasnt a car crash but it was a bike crash... i was goin down this steep hill on one of those racing bikes with the rly thin wheels and my sister was riding her bike and while i was coming down for some reason she stops in the middle o f the road and i go crashing into her at like 30mph she was unscathed and so was i cept for a gash on my head that took 2 staples to fix =/
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I've only been in one car crash. My mom dropped a wheel off the road and overcompensated when she pulled it back on, and the car rolled. However, I was like one and a half years old, so I don't remember it at all. My friend rolled his car though. He's kinda lucky to be alive...
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.

I was pretty shaken up on mine too. I was going down a highway at 90km/h when I hit a patch of black ice and went into the ditch, did a 540. I was so relieved when we hadn't flipped, I almost started crying.
Fortunately I've never experienced a car crash. Guess I'm just a good driver .
The day I got insured, I had my first(and only, so far) wreck. I was driving home after dropping my girlfriend off(just got her home 2 minutes earlier, thank God). I came onto a bad turn, my foot slipped, I accidentally floored it, hydroplaned, went through 3 yards, missed a pole, slammed into a large tree going at least 60 miles per hour on the driver's side, spun around at a 180 degree angle, landed 15 feet away from the tree, 2 inches away from some guy's porch. The car was totaled, and somehow, I only had scratches on my knee. I was out of breath for a minute. But, other than that, I was perfectly all right.

And to FenderJTx, being the greatest driver in the world doesn't insure you'll never have a car wreck.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I've been driving for nearly 2 years, and I've yet to have a crash...
Which I guess means I can't really contribute to this thread
Mine was when me and two friends were going to get their instruments. We were rocking out to power metal swirving back and forth, I overcorrected, hit a dirt bump before an orchard, did 1 and a half rotations, landed less than a foot from a tree. We were all okay, car was totalled. I've never felt so stupid. Told the cops I saw a dog.
Quote by sock_demon
Dude.... 10 km/h......

That's not a crash, that's a bump

hahahahahaha I crash harder on my pedal bike and skate board!! Well you got lucky!
Well mine was with this kid I used to hang out with. It was the day after he got his licence. We were at a stoplight and he wanted to get something from the backseat so he put the car temporarily into park. When the light changed back to green he switched gears, but little did he know he put it into reverse. He steps on the gas and guess whos behind him? a police officer.

i couldn't stop laughing.
i havent been in a crash yet. im always afraid that i will though, especially this time of year. i hate ice
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
I pulled out from dropping my Dad at work and didn't see that a guy who was travelling past me had put his blinker on to turn in to the driveway in front of me. So I drove forward about 1m and he drove his 4WD right across the front of my little Corolla. The worst part was I did over $2000 worth of damage to his car and about $50 to mine =)
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Joshrocker48
Well mine was with this kid I used to hang out with. It was the day after he got his licence. We were at a stoplight and he wanted to get something from the backseat so he put the car temporarily into park. When the light changed back to green he switched gears, but little did he know he put it into reverse. He steps on the gas and guess whos behind him? a police officer.

That would suck if it happened to me.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I haven't been driving in one yet, thank fuck.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
10km/h and you bent the axle...hmmm. must be a pretty shit car to bend the axle after a 10km/h bump.

My mate once put his car sideways into a dirt bank at 130km/h up in the dandys. Was pushing his VX way too hard. Thing had major camber issues for a while.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
This summer I was riding in the front passenger seat with my friend Thomas driving and Louis behind me. Thomas came to a stop at a 2-way stop then went forward. I looked out the right window and saw a big Chevy pickup. I thought, "This isn't a 4-way stop..." Then, as the truck was 10 feet outside my window, that Chevy logo getting bigger and bigger, I thought, quite calmly, "We're not going to be able to miss him."

I don't remember the actual wreck. I do, however, remember looking out the window, in a stupor of semi-consciousness, and seeing a fireman with The Jaws of Life coming toward me.

All I got was a broken collarbone and some broken-glass cuts. Thomas had just cuts. Louis had cuts and a concussion.

The truck that hit us was going about 70 miles per hour. Here are the photos of the car.
Can't stop the signal.
Quote by search49
This summer I was riding in the front passenger seat with my friend Thomas driving and Louis behind me. Thomas came to a stop at a 2-way stop then went forward. I looked out the right window and saw a big Chevy pickup. I thought, "This isn't a 4-way stop..." Then, as the truck was 10 feet outside my window, that Chevy logo getting bigger and bigger, I thought, quite calmly, "We're not going to be able to miss him."

I don't remember the actual wreck. I do, however, remember looking out the window, in a stupor of semi-consciousness, and seeing a fireman with The Jaws of Life coming toward me.

All I got was a broken collarbone and some broken-glass cuts. Thomas had just cuts. Louis had cuts and a concussion.

The truck that hit us was going about 70 miles per hour. Here are the photos of the car.

Ouch. Did you smack Thomas for that?
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Never crashed my car...

Of course, when I was a kid I did crash my bike...into a car. See, a car was backing out of a driveway. I wasn't looking ahead, and he didn't see me either. So I hit the guy's wheel, flew over said car, and landed on the other side. Ouchie....
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
i just crashed friday night
it sucked
me and 4 friends i wont say who the driver was but it was my car were flying 80 mph down a backroad and we hit a road flooded by a swamp and we hydroplaned across it about halfway
then we started to swerve and hit a mound of dirt
the car flipped over and stopped against some broken trees. it was filling up with about 3 1/2 feet of water
i was scared cause i only heard one of my friends screaming, and i had just meant him not long before
i didnt hear from my best friend and i almost cried
my door was jammed against a log so i thought i was stuck and gonna die for sure
then i felt an empty spot under the water and had to swim between the two front seats and one of my other friends pulled me out, so that was a bit of a relief cause i knew another one was alive, but it still wasnt my best friend
the guy who pulled me out went under the water to look for anyone else so i was swimming through the water, trying to find the road and every time i thought i did, it was a hunk of ice that just broke
then my best friend pulled me out of the water
i gave him the biggest hug ever and supposedly started crying, but i dont remember
then the police and everyone came
everyone got out with minor injuries, but the paramedics arriving said that they were expecting to pull a bunch of people out of the car cause in an accident like that we all should of been dead
they told us they came up and only found a bunch of teenagers who need to buy a lottery ticket
it was a bad experience, but i think it brought us all closer together so thats a good thing
I got hit by a truck. And my I, I mean my actual person, walking down the street. This guy was turning in going too fast as I was walking (I admit I too was not paying attention) and he hit me in the hip area. Knocked my ass down, and it was quite painful. No damage to his truck, and I walked home, but my whole body was killing me the next day.
A few months ago we were driving out to our friends place, and I was in my friends car which is one of those real old Datsun wagons, anyway there was absolutely no room in the back seat, and me being 6 foot tall had to lie across the seat, I was comfortable though. Anways we were cruising along this dirt road, we were on the opposite side of the road cause the right side of the road was like heaps damaged and there was pot holes everywhere, and then this car came flying towards us suddenly and we swerved over to the proper side of the road that we were sposed to be on, and somehow the car rolled twice landing on its wheels, meanwhile I'm in the back seat lying down.

Lol.
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
10km/h and you bent the axle...hmmm. must be a pretty shit car to bend the axle after a 10km/h bump.

96 Nissan Micra and ill thank you not to call it shitty, lol. The thing is the pole collided directly with the wheel somehow, so even at a slower speed it would have done the same thing.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein

Quote by CowboyUp

yea so whos accident was worse?
mine is first on this page
totaled a 97 grand prix that was in almost brand new condition
I hit a little boy riding a bike. It was a rainy night, I stopped at an intersection and I was going left. The kid was coming down a small hill towards me pretty fast with no light on his bike, so I didn't see him. I hit his rear tire at the crosswalk at about 20km/h. He crashed and scratched his knee.

Then about 6 months from that I flipped my car on a dirt road going 60km/h. I didn't remember that the road ended with a left downhill turn. I went into a drift (?), tried to counter it but turned the wheel too much, so it spinned backwards and I guess it hit a small rock or something 'cause the car stopped and flipped on it's side and then fell upside down. I didn't get hurt but the car was totaled.
I wasn't paying attention and rear-ended an SUV. I was fine, but the car was totaled...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
A friend of mine was driving there was some old woman in front of him and at the stop for some reason she backed up in him. She called the cops and blamed him and she said he was driving way over the limit, but he got lucky and he won in the end.

Like 6 years ago a friend of mine got hit by a car and the driver was drunk. The worse part is that it was her cousin that hit her. Sadly she died.

My cousin last year drove really fast on the highway and lost control of his car and did like 15 rolls. He crawled out of the car got up and started laughing. He was one hell of a lucky bastard, not even a scratch.

My only "crash" I was skating down a big hill very fast and some guy didn't do his stop and I slammed in the side of the car.
Quote by Joshrocker48

You should ask dreadnought about hitting the gas instead of the brake.
Quote by chrismacker
yea so whos accident was worse?
mine is first on this page
totaled a 97 grand prix that was in almost brand new condition

Yours was completely stupid. Driving like a dickhead and you payed the price for it, just a shame nobody died to teach you more of a lesson.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Quote by Wayward_Son
I wasn't paying attention and rear-ended an SUV. I was fine, but the car was totaled...

What speed were you doing to total a car? And it must of been a pretty big attention lapse
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Quote by Aussie Ghost
96 Nissan Micra and ill thank you not to call it shitty, lol. The thing is the pole collided directly with the wheel somehow, so even at a slower speed it would have done the same thing.

A bent axle...wow, i'd expect a buckled rim at most at that speed. My sister hit a gutter at 60 and didnt even buckle the steel rim

Guess you just got unlucky
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
You should ask dreadnought about hitting the gas instead of the brake.

My sister also did this, second hour of being a learner driver, mum took her out around some back streets. Was doing a U-Turn in the bottom of the court, paniced, head the throttle and went slap bang into a tree.

i've never laughed so hard
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
My sister also did this, second hour of being a learner driver, mum took her out around some back streets. Was doing a U-Turn in the bottom of the court, paniced, head the throttle and went slap bang into a tree.

i've never laughed so hard

You have posted after yourself a ton!! but...that would have been hilarious..In my drivers ed car one girl hit the gas instead of the brake parallel parking and went over the curb...
I was heading home after work and I was extremely tired. I was driving at around 50 mph and dozed off and my car kept drifting to the right without me noticing and then bam, I hit the curb which busted my tire and screwed up the engine. It scared the shit out of me but at least I didn't get hurt at all.
Update for anyone who cares.

Ive been quoted $1200 damages for that "little bump", as some of you were calling it.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein

Quote by CowboyUp

my old band did a tour in england, and the singer fell asleep at the wheel going 90mph on a motorway with trucks coming behind. He hit the barrier 3 times but gained control. I had nightmares for a long time about it.
i was with one of my buddies in his mitsubushi eclipse, racing some honda down the highway doing about 120mph. we came to a slight turn in the highway, and his tires were worn. we spun around 4 1/2 times and ended up facing oncoming traffic. luckily they were far off so we just turned around (to the correct way) and drove off. i lol'd.

once, i was with my brother in his dodge stealth and he always drives like a retard. so hes doing about 60 down an on ramp to a highway, which was a really weird ramp. It went straight then turned real fast. well there was gravel at the end, and we spun about 2 times into the middle of the highway. im so glad he was able to get the car going again because another 4 seconds and traffic would have tboned us (approx. 70 mph)

one of my buddies (wont say who) was pulling out of our neighborhood. he wasnt paying attention and we almost got tboned on the passenger side by an SUV doing 45mph. i was pretty shaken up about that little dealio but then we went to guitar center and it made it all better

My gear:
Spector Legend Classic (4 str)
Ampeg BA115
Korg AX3000B Modeling Processor

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member of the "Shoop da Whoop" club. PM C.C. Deville to join
Quote by sock_demon
Dude.... 10 km/h......

That's not a crash, that's a bump

If it's a Kia it's a huge accident, when I go to the car show around here I touch them and they bend like you could punch a hole through them.
Quote by Aussie Ghost
Update for anyone who cares.

Ive been quoted $1200 damages for that "little bump", as some of you were calling it.

Cut your losses...sell it for parts and buy a stronger car
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Page 1 of 2