Sorry if this is in the wrong section or it's been asked before - but can anyone tell me the proper technique for Pick Sliding? I tried turning the gain up, dragging the pick down, and I don't get the rich chaos that I've seen Randy Rhoads, or Angus Young get. Any suggestions?
"There's a fine line between child abuse and discipline. Take my dad for example; when I screwed up, my dad would electrocute me. And look at me today: flawless. Electrocution builds character." - Maddox
Check =).

Next?
"There's a fine line between child abuse and discipline. Take my dad for example; when I screwed up, my dad would electrocute me. And look at me today: flawless. Electrocution builds character." - Maddox
I'm muting the strings with my left hand over 1st fret, starting the pick there, point downwards at a 45 degree angle into the fretboard, between 4th and 5th strings, and dragging upwards to about fret 20 and pulling off. I'm getting a sound much like as if i were to do that with a finger instead of a pick, very smooth, legato sounding.
Try starting a little behind the middle pickup, or where the middle pickup would be if you have a different configuration. hold the pick kind of loosley (<spelling??) at the top of it, not with your normal tight grip. That works best for me, i had this problem at first also, and i realized the best results when i held the pick with a little less grip.
Ok, that has better results, thank you =).