ok im thinking about changing my pickups there getting alil rusty but i dont know which ones to get hor how to go about this

wanted sound:
crispy
clean
can handle distortion

thanks in advance
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Crispy? Hehehe...

I would say the Seymour Duncan SH-4 jb for the bridge and the SH-1 '59 for the neck.
well actually if i could compare the sound it would be black sabbath also if its all in the amp how do i go about removing rust and putting on putting on covers
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
i have a older epi sg no1 can identify and i dont know what u mean by configuration
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
Pickup config...meaning what kind of pickups...like single coil, humbucker, P90, and in order from neck to bridge, how are they aligned...but giving me the guitar pretty much answers my question.
You can identify your guitar, BTW, if you can find the serial # on the back of the headstock.
Use this place:
http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

And if you answer is 'Yes' to playing classic rock and classic metal...then if you were to get new pickups..I'd go with...the Seymour Duncan models...
Neck - SH-1 '59 - Classic PAF sound. This the epitome of classic rock tone.
Bridge - SH-14 Custom 5 - Like the '59, but with a bigger bottom end. Definitely will serve ya well for heavier classic rock, like Sabbath. Good treble response, as well.
Just get em with pickup covers.

Cleaning your pickups? err...I don't recomend using water. Probably alcohol pads are a good solution. Then you'd have to take em outta your guitar, buy some real nickel/silver humbucker covers (not brass with nickel silver plating...), put em on the pickups, solder them to the pickup and wax pot them.
Your guitar was made at the
Samick Plant, Korea
March 1995
Production Number: 6267
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
yes theres a small amount of rust on them but seems that they work perfectly fine if thats not a big problem then covers if it really effects sound yes a classic hard rock pick ups

and if u look at my myspace u can see the sg
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
so how much is the SH-1 '59 & SH-14 Custom 5
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
They run up probably 50-60 bucks in the US.
You can get em from eBay, but they might not have a cover.
http://guitarheaven.net/pickups/sd.asp?l=HUMBUCKR&t=Humbucker+Pickups
They have them with the pickup cover for about 87 each. They have the '59 with a 4 conductor option, but not the SH-14...Email them to make sure it is a the 4 conductor version.

I don't think pickup covers are that important. They warm your tone a bit, and look snazzy, add a bit of shielding, but that's about it. Talk to your local guitar shops, see their pricing.