well ive been saving for an UNBEARABLY long time and I have enough to buy a gibson EDS-1275 should I?
Gibsons aren't worth the money if someone hands you it. I'd buy an epi, a lot of bands (Zakk Wylde, MCR, Max Weinberg 7, etc) use epi's because they have passed gibson.
Gibson doesn't do anything about it because Epi is a subsiduary and Gibson guitars are flying off the shelves to suckers for 2k and up.
imo Gibson are over priced, but if thats what YOU want, dont let anyone stop you man!
Quote by False_God
imo Gibson are over priced, but if thats what YOU want, dont let anyone stop you man!

Sure, and while your at it, I'll go get my lighter and we'll just burn the money! It would save us a trip to the guitar store.
Quote by Schecter1277
Gibsons aren't worth the money if someone hands you it. I'd buy an epi, a lot of bands (Zakk Wylde, MCR, Max Weinberg 7, etc) use epi's because they have passed gibson.
Gibson doesn't do anything about it because Epi is a subsiduary and Gibson guitars are flying off the shelves to suckers for 2k and up.

I'm sure Gibson got to be the one of the most widely-known guitar manufacturers in the world by selling crappy, overpriced guitars.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by Schecter1277

Zakk Wylde uses a Gibson not an Epi. Why do you think he has a signature Gibby that costs $4200 with ACTIVE emgs not HZ's.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Slaiv
I'm sure Gibson got to be the one of the most widely-known guitar manufacturers in the world by selling crappy, overpriced guitars.

not crappy just overpriced... well overpriced. Look at that new melody maker model that gibson released for 2007, one shit pickup, crap bland looks, absolute bottom of the range gibson, yet it goes for? £400 or more i think. make of it what you will
Epiphone. But the thing is do you play songs with 12 string and 6. IMO they are showoff guitars.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
I prefer Epiphone. When I play an Epi' Explorer and then a Gibson, the Epi feels better to me. Ofcourse the strings are probably smaller gauge on the Epi' and I'm just an idiot, but still. 3piphone 4 life.

I do think Gibsons are overpriced. I was at Guitar Center awhile back and picked up a Gibson faded V, and the friggin pickguard was coming up between the neck and the neck pickup. It was pretty bad. Then I played an Epi' Explorer right after and it was great. The ONE significant difference that comes to mind for me when comparing Gibson and Epiphone is the pickups. But thats an easy fix.
We're only strays.
Quote by Slaiv

They made great guitars...

...in 1970

They have gone to mass production and let their quality standards slip. They have been around however for quite some time and have their name to sell their guitars. They keep flying off the shelves because people are like "ZOMG A GIBZON!!" and their parents buy it for them. But from the gibson's I've played and the epi's I've played, the epi's have a much better sound. Plus aren't overpriced firewood. So there is a little play.
Pay 400 for a 400 guitar. Or pay 1500 for a 400 guitar. Your choice.