just wanted anyones opinion

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/schecter/id=43.html

or

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=48&CollectionID=6

ignoring the price and colour of the guitars in the link, which one shud i go for, i mainly play
metal, prog metal, death metal, prog rock and basically a combination of loads of stuff , im obviously not lookin for a shredding guitar here but just something that gives out beautiful cleans and clarity and something thats versatile. I'm more lenient to the shechter cos i see hardly anyone playing that, les pauls obiously very popular. Opinions? or suggestions for other guitars?
For prog the LP would be a bad choice. The explorer is more of a prog rock guitar. The schecter is gonna be more what youre going for.
Can't you afford a real fender? Frankly the Schecter leaves me doubts, even for all that metal stuff you'd be better off with a Strat than the Schecter in my opinion; but I am basing my self on the impression I get from the companies, I haven't tried Schecter so I might be speacking out of place.
i could afford a real fender but i'm more for humbuckers, if i could get a fender tele i would but there too vintage, the pickups are just not for me which is why i saw the schecter and thought it was great, i understand what your saying im not one for schecters either but if i can find a guitar to suit me then whatever.

i already own a ibanez s1120 and jackson js dinky ( i think) so i'm goin for sumthin different to the strat/super strat shape.
Quote by MiG_853
Can't you afford a real fender? Frankly the Schecter leaves me doubts, even for all that metal stuff you'd be better off with a Strat than the Schecter in my opinion; but I am basing my self on the impression I get from the companies, I haven't tried Schecter so I might be speacking out of place.

I have 2 guitars by schecter, trust me, you get your monies worth.

Plus, that isn't a tele, it's a tele copy with 2 duncan designed mini humbuckers that are exact copies of the SH-4 JB™ bridge and SH-2n Jazz Model™ neck set.
It's a high output and great for cleans but can really scream when it needs to.
It's the same on my schecter, and I had the option of buying a PRS(had the money) played the PRS, and it didn't sound any better than my C-1+. So I bought a schecter hollowbody.
Quote by morrison27
ibanez r terrible, u play 1 song on them and they go out of tune

not if you use a floyd rose like me...
Quote by ygokazuki
Schecter, I've heard Epiphones/Gibsons are overpriced. Or if you're into LPs, look at Agiles.

Epi's are right at what they should. Agiles and sammick are probably underpriced. Schecter is a different guitar, but better imo. But I don't think youre looking for a LP guitar. A lot of times LP guitars are overbought because "it's a les paul" but they are really only mediocore for a vast array of music. If you want a good prog rock guitar, I think that schecter will do you good.

Though, if you are really looking at prog rock you'll want a hollowbody with a high output or an explorer.
I would suggest the epi sg g-400 custom the pickups are a little muddy so i peplace the bridge with a $23 gfs humbucker and couldn't be more happy with it.
mmm i'm gonna think about it some more, the schecter really grasped me though, i've been looking at godins too, some really nice lp's there that are moderatly priced. Maybe even the SE series from PRS.... we shall see, cheers for the input tho guys.
ibanez are awsome and they NEVER go out of tune if you know how to string them the rightway and your not a jackass. get an esp then. they are also kick ass.
The PRS would be awesome. They are really nice guitars.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Quote by tawermeister
mmm i'm gonna think about it some more, the schecter really grasped me though, i've been looking at godins too, some really nice lp's there that are moderatly priced. Maybe even the SE series from PRS.... we shall see, cheers for the input tho guys.

Unless you want to play strictly Jazz I would stay away from PRS.