today I seen my uncle use some TurtleWax Polishing compound that removes scratches on cars and it worked pretty good, all the scratches were removed. I was thinking on using it to remove some scratches on my guitar. do you think it will just make worst and destroy my guitar??
Scratches are battle scars, matey. Wear them proudly. Just like a new car, it'll only ever be perfect for a little while.

If you really want to try to make them less apparent (which is all wax does in that case...it fills the area), buy some guitar cleaning compound at a guitar shop. It won't hurt the lacquer finish on your guitar.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
DO NOT USE THAT ON YOUR GUITAR

What your uncle is using is an abrasive "cutting compound". Which will have a totally different effect on your guitar than what it does on your uncles car.

It literally "sands" off a layer of paint, revealing a fresh layer.

It will give you 1000's of very fine scratches if you use it. It is designed for Hardened 2 pack paint, not a guitar finish, (French Polish).

They are two totally different things. You will wreck your guitar if you try it. Trust me.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 21, 2007,
Quote by DJaye
DO NOT USE THAT ON YOUR GUITAR

What your uncle is using is an abrasive "cutting compound". Which will have a totally different effect on your guitar than what it does on your uncles car.

It literally "sands" off a layer of paint, revealing a fresh layer.

It will give you 1000's of very fine scratches if you use it. It is designed for Hardened 2 pack paint, not a guitar finish, (French Polish).

They are two totally different things. You will wreck your guitar if you try it. Trust me.

Unless his guitar is handmade the finish is not french polish. The finish is either going to be a 2 pack paint or a nitro lacquer.

Either way I still wouldn't rebuff the finish if it was my guitar.
i say unless you scratched your guitar with a screwdriver and it looks like it has a big gash thats visable from 7 feet away, leave it alone. i betcha it looks fineee!
how does that saying go? "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" or something like that. eh.