What is some easy to intermediate metal songs to learn how to play i usully play progressive rock and hardrock and I want to learn to play a few more
As Embers Fall- My band listen to them on myspace
hush- tool
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
well, most everthing in the metallica albums "ride the lightening" (for whom the bell tolls, fade to black, fight fire with fire) and master of puppets" is pretty at a easy to intermediate level (except the solos) and look for some megadeth and slayer. Plus trivium and lamb of god if your into metalcore. But i agree with metalhead 296, no dream theater.
Quote by Adam303
well, most everthing in the metallica albums "ride the lightening" (for whom the bell tolls, fade to black, fight fire with fire) and master of puppets" is pretty at a easy to intermediate level (except the solos) and look for some megadeth and slayer. Plus trivium and lamb of god if your into metalcore. But i agree with metalhead 296, no dream theater.

metalhead 296 said "nething from dream theater, as in ANYthing
Nikolas
None of that stuff people suggested is rock, hard or prog... Dream Theater is prog but most of their better songs would be hard to play in their entirety (though you could skip the solos), you could try the verces/chorus to Endless Sacrifice, maybe Home and Another Day , In the Name of God or something... Just listen to their albums, see if you like anything and try playing it.

Rush is more of a classic prog rock band, might be worth listening too - they're generally easier to play than DT too, imo. Also check out Tool, A Perfect Circle, King Crimson, Lanfear, Parallel and see if you like their music, then just look up tabs for songs you enjoy on UG. All of these are proggish rock bands, the latter two are somewhat obscure and might be hard to find I imagine. I don't really know many good western hard rock bands, but if you search for Aria on UG tabs, there's a bunch of pretty good tabs for what is the best hard rock band ever (they're Russian and they kick ass). It sounds kind of like Iron Maiden but I find their music much more fun to play and listen to, you could give it a try. If you want some mp3's of theirs, just lemme know, and tab-wise, I'd suggest looking at Blood for Blood, Night Lasts Less than Day, Torero, and Stand and Overcome Your Fear. Cheesy names I know, they sound horrible in translation

hope that helps
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!