Yeah that was stupid, but they've already taken it back. Anyway I went to the Gold Coast show last night and it was amazing, Muse is officially the best live act I have ever seen. Tool were also awsome but there were a lot of f uckheads in the crowd.
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
Having an Australian flag in Australia is not racist! How fucking stupid is that?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
political correctness my ass!

ive got an idea,

we let every ethnic minority have free reign over us!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Did you see where Mr Iemma said it was a disgrace and he was seeking legal aid to see their position in stopping this ban? Finally, a poly grew some balls
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It's so retarded, i don't have tickets to the Adelaide one *cries furiously* but you're right it sucks really bad about the flag thing, i heard about it on Triple J so i don't know much, but it's still retarded
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
not australia day = no flag?

why dont they try holding it in france, theres plenty of multiculturalism there...
Quote by Charlatan_001

Quote by Shredlet
Quote by rustic_metal
political correctness my ass!

ive got an idea,

we let every ethnic minority have free reign over us!

after RATM re-unite they need to come to Australia and kick some ass!!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
lol I just saw it on the megadeth boards...

very silly if you ask me...

but of course you dont.

so bah...
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
does it really matter? its a music festival. why do you want a flag there?

if you dont like it, dont go. they can set whatever rules they like. its their festival. but if you have such a big objection to it... well, you're pretty stupid.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
i think its stupid but those ****in flags get in the way if u hav some ****wit with one right in front of you
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
Quote by rustic_metal

why dont they try holding it in france, theres plenty of multiculturalism there...

They had a ban on all religious symbols. Hardly tolerant
Quote by anewhope
They had a ban on all religious symbols. Hardly tolerant

thats because they pushed political correctness so far to the extreme, and then realised they totally ****ed up.
Quote by Charlatan_001

Quote by Shredlet
Yeah it's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Screw politically correctness. It's a traditional Aussie event, and the thing that makes it differnent from every other festival is that it's 120% Aussie. When they take away the Aussie symbol it's nothing more than another ordinary music festival!

Except the chicks at this one are hotter
Quote by sTjImMy83091

You're my new idol.

Quote by Liberation
Mike_rocka_boy, I know this is offtopic, but Id like to commend you on being the smartest 12 year old Ive seen today, you actually know spelling and grammar!
why only australian flags banned?
Quote by Charlatan_001

Quote by Shredlet
They think its racist wtf?

Were all Australians and so are the multicultural australians so i dont get how the flag of our own country is racist.

its just crazy.
- Satch is awsome -
They took the Australian flag down at my school for some while last year because of racial tension. It was so dumb.
its becuase some dickhead last year went around making people kiss the australian flag and one guy refused to (not becuase he didnt like australia) and then he got punched.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
does it really matter? its a music festival. why do you want a flag there?

if you dont like it, dont go. they can set whatever rules they like. its their festival. but if you have such a big objection to it... well, you're pretty stupid.

Why do we want a flag there? Maybe because people want to show some pride in the country they live in and rebel against the fact that the BDO has already been moved from Australia Day just to accommodate for the few troublesome ethnic groups that seem to have a problem with it?

What a shit world we live in where the minority can always gain the upper hand by playing the discrimination card and knowing that some PC wanker is always going to be there to agree with them.
I'M BRINGIN' SEXY BACK, YEAH!
Now let me get something straight first, Im am in total disagreement with the flag being banned.

However, it must be remembered that the swastika is technically a symbol of peace and unity but the use Hitler put it to turned it into a sign of hatred. The Australian flag has almost been used as a similar symbol in past civil disturbances in Oz, its understandable why they would want to ban it. Mark my words, despite what you might think now, eventually our precious flag will become a symbol of hate to many.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Personally I think that any attempt to 'ban' the flag is over the top, wherever it is. I'm okay with what the BDO organisers are doing, because they're not doing that. They're just asking people not to bring them. In my experience of previous BDOs the most conspicuous displays of the Australian flag have been white guys my age with way too much booze in their system leering at the women, cursing loudly nonstop, making racist slurs at anyone with skin darker than medium-tan and generally being unpleasant and intimidating others who are just there to have a good time. It's really not good for the flag's image. There have even been attacks, fuelled by both alcohol and racism. Same deal at Cronulla - photos of hooligans wearing the flag as a cape bashing a defenceless bloke who did nothing to deserve it don't do our image any good. So I can see the logic behind discouraging display of the flag there.

Besides, it's a music festival. Save it for a BBQ in the park on Friday.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned it on page one, the politicians are not 'growing balls' - they're jumping on the "political correctness gone mad!" anti-liberal (note the small L) bandwagon that Howard pioneered and Labor has tried appropriate because they can't win on a genuinely liberal platform. The only ones with balls so far are the Democrats, who have supported the restrictions on the grounds that the flag has been misued at previous BDOs and that people who are genuinely concerned about misuse of the flag should try to prevent it so that its image isn't corrupted.
Last edited by scrilly at Jan 23, 2007,
did you see the 10 news poll about it only 5% thought it was a good idea to ban the flag and there where over 10,000 votes
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him
(")_(") on his way to world domination.

AUSTRALIA FTW!

Matt Bellamy > Shred

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. I am an 8%er
For ****s sake, this is over the top.... As protest im gunna wear australian flag boxers and get naked and then throw my boxers on stage......
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
For ****s sake, this is over the top.... As protest im gunna wear australian flag boxers and get naked and then throw my boxers on stage......

im in
Quote by Charlatan_001

Quote by Shredlet
Damn your in melbourne..... Oh well i guess if the same thing happened twice in 3 days they mite gt the point....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by Mike_rocka_boy
Yeah it's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Screw politically correctness. It's a traditional Aussie event, and the thing that makes it differnent from every other festival is that it's 120% Aussie. When they take away the Aussie symbol it's nothing more than another ordinary music festival!

First of all, the BDO isn't 120% Aussie, its also in New Zealand

Second, this wasn't due to the 'evil political correctness' that right wing columnists and talk radio hosts ramble about. It was to stop idiots who go around bashing people who refuse to kiss it.

Anyway, it isn't actually banned:

Quote by Big Day Out Press Release
We are not banning the Australian flag but are simply discouraging its use for anti-social purposes at the Big Day Out.
Now that they said they didn't ban it, I reckon there is going to be a flooding of the flags. But thats good.
They never banned it in the first place as tborsje prooved.

Its not the "ethnic minorities" that they are worried about it's the redneck ****heads who think that if they act like a twat with the flag on them or around them then its justified because there a "patriot".

All this love for the flag is just jingoistic bullshit. No one gives two shits about it any other part of the year.

if you love Australia plant a tree and say sorry to an aboriginal because if you just caring for a "flag", a symbol that in my eyes has been turned into one of racial oppresion and hate, then you are 'patriotic" for all the wrong reasons. You should be worried about sme real problems that the country faces not wether a music festival lets you hold a flag that you dont think about bar one day of the year.

This country needs it's head checked on whats important.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
lol talking bout flags. it was after the cronulla riots. and my friend saw some lebs with their flag wrapped round em. and him being a dumb arse goes. "hahaah look at all them tree huggers"

if you didnt get that go have a look at the leb flag
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Have any of you retards READ THE LINK? You misquote the story in an attempt to make it sound worse than it is then make borderline racist comments.

And people wonder why Australia has a reputation for racism.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde