http://www.myspace.com/jakeskubisz

"a stupid love song"

guitar is recorded and my voice breaks up a little when i sing it (i kind of did that on purpose though, i wanted it to sound kind of weak and pathetic)

i hope you enjoy it at least, and crits are welcome
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Last edited by Grunge at Jan 25, 2007,
i like the guitar part alot but the vocals im a little ifffy on but its not bad

could u crit me please
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
I quite liked that, the vocals were nicely worded, and the guitar is lovely.
thanks everyone its really reassuring when getting crits... even when they're saying something is a little off and i need to work on it. honestly, its better than nobody saying anything.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
wtf!?!?!?!
thanks everyone its really reassuring when getting crits... even when they're saying something is a little off and i need to work on it. honestly, its better than nobody saying anything.

Yeah, I know how you feel man;

Anyway, on to the song; I loved it, your vocals at the end(around 2:45) seem to skip a bit, like sound wise; Your voice isn't too bad, the guitar was really "crisp" as someone else said, and I really liked the words, especially the chorus "I feel like the shit behind a shooting star" it's really quite true of how you can feel sometimes, so that was one of those really clever lines in the song; Anyway, great job man and thanks for the crit!
Hmmmmm interesting. I started listening to it, and immediately vaguely disliked it, but as it went on it grew on me. By the time it got to about 2:00, I vaguely liked it. It has something. It reminded me of something that might be used in a film soundtrack or something. Maybe a Wes Anderson film. And that's a positive by the way. The guitar is simple but effective.

Liked the picky outro too. And the lyric.

Not bad at all!

If you get a chance, have a listen to Pretty Dictator vv
Pretty good!
The chords you use are rare, it reminds me of The Kinks (which is a good thing.)
Like everyone has said, your voice needs some work
But your style is incredible.

I just added you on myspace
It would be great if you could crit my recordings!
I have a thread.
Thats guys (and gals ). I actually like the Kinks a lot. The verse chords are really generic, but the chorus chords are a bit inventive I guess, if thats a word haha. I listened to them heavily when I started to write... they are a great band.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
wtf!?!?!?!