What causes that shakey/vibrato sound that comes through my amp? This type of thing usually happens when I hold a bend for a while and even more so when bending two strings at a time. It almost sounds like a wah I guess. Anyway, I was just curious, sorry for the poor explanation. Hope you can decipher.
Pshh
uhhh im not sure i know what you're saying, maybe ur letting up pressure on the string and its vibrating against the fret wire?
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Are you playing two or more notes at the same time? If two notes are in tune, and you bend one, then you will get "pulses" of sound that vary in speed depending on how out of tune it becomes. You may be out of tune, or just playing two notes very close to each other (ie. F#/E).
its all to do with wavelength and frequency and such- a level upwards physics, its not a fault or problem or anything.

although that guys explanation sounds fairly viable /\ (its 1 o clock give me a break lol).
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by tjv777
it could be that vibrator you left in the back of your amp.

save it for the pit.

are you using any effects?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Maybe you have an altoids tin full of picks in the back of your amp.

That happened to me, look for them in the back of your amp.
Quote by Sid McCall
save it for the pit.

are you using any effects?

ill show you an effect. me bashing your face in with a 2X4. maybe then i can THROW you in a pit
Quote by olp07
Are you playing two or more notes at the same time? If two notes are in tune, and you bend one, then you will get "pulses" of sound that vary in speed depending on how out of tune it becomes. You may be out of tune, or just playing two notes very close to each other (ie. F#/E).

Pulses? I noticed the other day that with the right amount of overdrive, when I play two notes and bend the other one I get this very low descending sound in the mix. It sounds kinda cool but I don't know whats causing it.
if u play 2 notes up past the octave together and they have to be at least 2 -3 frets away u get a shaky sound, its normal
What kind of amp are we talking?

Combo, head+cab, open back, closed back?

I have an Orange Crush 10, and when I played it all open, it used to vibrate a LOT, especially when on the bass notes.

I whipped the back off, and it hasn't had the same problem since.

Just a silly question... But you did turn the vibrato off, yeah?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by Chips-
Pulses? I noticed the other day that with the right amount of overdrive, when I play two notes and bend the other one I get this very low descending sound in the mix. It sounds kinda cool but I don't know whats causing it.

Yeah, the best way I can describe it is a wah wah wah wah wah sound, and the wahs happen slower the closer two notes are. If you are a ways out of tune, they will be super noticeable. Distortion aids this, so you hear it clearer. Its because the frequencies of the notes are interfering with each other.
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. And to answer your questions, I'm playing a Squier Strat through a Blues Junior with no effects. And I've heard this happen in other songs aswell. The best example I can think of would be in the song Machine Gun by Hendrix. At around 4 minutes, the solo starts and hendrix bends and holds a note for a good 10 seconds and you can hear this pulsating sound. I'm pretty sure this is the same sound I'm getting through my amp.
Pshh