I'm looking to start saving for a major buy. A higher end guitar. I've been looking at a few guitars, and alot of them are in a similar price range.

PRS Singlecut Trem
PRS CE Mahogany
PRS Singlecut Trem Modern Eage
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Carvin Custom-made CT6M

All of them cost around $2,000 if im not mistaken, im not sure about the PRS though.

Versitility and feel is key. I want to be able to play a large range of genres and styles, and have it FEEL like it's a quality made guitar.
Or I could use the $2k and get both an American Strat and an Ibanez RG Prestige, but i'd rather get one AMAZING guitar.
what kind of music
The guy who needs a bassist, singer or rhytm guitarist in michigan 10-14
if you aply private message me
Quote by flyin V01
what kind of music

Everything. Blues, Classic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock. My only main request is that it can play both blues and metal, you can kinda fill in the void if you have both extremes.
Get Either Les Paul because they are really great guitars
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
PRS CE Mahogany and swop out the pick-ups 4 EMG's
or
Gibson Les Paul Classic and swop out the pick-ups 4 EMG's

i would say the PRS but i like the les 2
The guy who needs a bassist, singer or rhytm guitarist in michigan 10-14
if you aply private message me
Carvin. Custom beats anything.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
Carvin. Custom beats anything.

I'm a little iffy about the Carvin, i'd like to see how it'l look before I buy it, and i'm favoring a singlecut guitar over a DC, if Carvin had a singlecut i'd prob. buy it in a heartbeat.
Quote by spazzymagee417
if you truely want the most bang for your buck, call a prostitute.

sigged
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Where could I actually find PRS's? Musiciansfriend only has a couple models, and im sure they prob. wont have the colors i'd be looking at.

Do Guitar Center or Sam Ash carry them?
PRS, the trem will give you some extra elements to play around with, and the PRS singlecuts look damn good.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
PRS, the trem will give you some extra elements to play around with, and the PRS singlecuts look damn good.

Yeah im starting to learn toward the PRS. Can anyone give me a price on any of the models I posted? Namely the Singlecut Trem?
Can't help ya there, sorry. Hit up GC tomorrow and see what they charge, a Custom 22 was gonna cost me roughly $2200, if that's any help.
Damn, im still debating. I could save up forever and get a PRS Singlecut/Custom, or I could use that money and buy both an Ibanez Prestige AND an american strat :O

I really do just want one main everything axe. Should I save up the $2k for a PRS, or go cheaper?
Maybe you should get a better amp instead...
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
If you're looking for bang for your buck, I'd keep away from the "money shouldn't be an issue" range of guitars. You could get similar quality for a much lower price point, you just won't get the expensive name etched on the headstock.
I'm getting a better amp first, probably for my birthday in July. I'm gonna start saving for a future guitar though.

By the time i'll have the money for a godly guitar, i'll have a nice tube amp.
What does bang for the buck matter if they're all different.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
What does bang for the buck matter if they're all different.

They're all quite versitile. I'm looking for a singlecut guitar that plays Blues/Classic Rock/Metal
i say take the 2 grand and split it between a new amp and a new guitar. if you bought a new guitar and played it through the vox, it wouldn't sound any much greater than your current ibanez since its a modeling amp.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
i say take the 2 grand and split it between a new amp and a new guitar. if you bought a new guitar and played it through the vox, it wouldn't sound any much greater than your current ibanez since its a modeling amp.

I'm getting my new amp by July-August, then im gonna get a guitar once I save enough money for a very nice one.

By the time on going to buy a new guitar, i'm gonna have a new tube amp.
Quote by isawmetallica
Ibanez J-Custom

Explain.

Is it a Custom shop? I never even knew they had one.
dude, PRS all the way, I have a PRS SE santana, which is made in Korea, and it kicks the living s*&T out of my gibson, and Im sorry that PRS do charge a bit too much, but look at it this way, if you get the PRS, it will be around for ages!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Now that I really think about it, I could buy an Ibanez S Prestige and an Ibanez RG Prestige for the price of a PRS.

Anyone got any info on the J-Custom?
If you're into high-end Ibanez, check out Ibanezrules.com, especially their used section:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/used.htm

Rich only deals in the good stuff and sets them up nicely before shipping them out.

As far as a singlecut goes, I'd check into a Burny or Edwards Japanese LP copy. Great guitars, and about 1/4th the price of a similar Gibson. You can find them on Ebay or:

http://orangeguitar.com/

http://www.guitarjapan.com/edwards/
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
u say ur getting a nice tube amp in july, can i ask what amps u have in mind?

i need to know because i cant suggest a guitar "best bang for the buck" until i know what ur looking for in a rig.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
dont get a prs there not worth there money and i no there is alot of people that dont agree and gibsons weigh too much. go for a esp ex400 they really versatile and they comme with an emg 81 in the bridge and a emg 60 in the neck and 60's have good cleans and are good for solos
Quote by Remsen
Get Either Les Paul because they are really great guitars

PRS own them.

Quote by flyin V01
PRS CE Mahogany and swop out the pick-ups 4 EMG's
or
Gibson Les Paul Classic and swop out the pick-ups 4 EMG's

i would say the PRS but i like the les 2

why would you want EMG's when he said he wants versatility?

why would you use 4 instead of for?

Quote by jj1565
u say ur getting a nice tube amp in july, can i ask what amps u have in mind?

i need to know because i cant suggest a guitar "best bang for the buck" until i know what ur looking for in a rig.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by spazzymagee417
i didn't even think what i said was that funny. but if anyone wants to put me in their sig i would be honored. and i would do buttsecks.

For a buck?

But I think that you should get the Les Paul Standard. It can do almost everything. =)
If you want to change pickups at least then it can do wonders. You get what you want from it. Man, I love LPs.

nakki
For amps, i'm lookin' at these...

Peavey XXX Super 40 ($550)
Marshall JCM 800 ($600)