All right, so I was thinking it would be kind of neat to customize my amp to look like a Framus Cobra; but, to put it simply, I have no idea what I'm doing. So I was curious; would it be possible? What would I need? How much would it cost? Basically I'd just like to switch out the front plate that has the brand name on it with a metal one like the Cobra's. A red light inside would be killer, but not really necessary.

So any thoughts? Could I do it? The amp I have now is a Carvin MTS head. Thanks

EDIT: At this point I think it'd be more realistic to just design it myself, not try and make it look like the cobra. (See post #16 for more.)
Last edited by De Amazing Blob at Jan 22, 2007,
Umm, are you sure you typed it right? The links not working. I'll try google for it though.
... Are you sure it doesn't work? Works for me.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm getting an error too. That is the link though. It;s supposed to link to some blog about it....
Quote by De Amazing Blob
Umm, are you sure you typed it right? The links not working. I'll try google for it though.

Sorry, he was being a tosser. I'm not able to help you, because I'm not very knowledgable on that subject, but I just thought I'd tell you not to waste your time Googling something that you won't find
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by moomoocons
he wasnt being serious.......

Your noun is incorrect. And your statement is false.
^Well, I already tried google, but I couldn't get anything. Oh well

Quote by Bing
lol. yeah you could probaby do it but it wouldnt be worth it.
That may be, but I just thought it would be a fun project, and probably not too hard.
Last edited by De Amazing Blob at Jan 21, 2007,
i saw a thing on ebay where a guy converted his behringer cabinet to look like a marshall. looked fairly easy.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
^Sounds cool. Yeah, I can't really imagine it would be that hard, I just don't know what I'm doing
Okay I'll ask the question

Why ??????

Okay if you want to customise your amp to make it look different from everyone elses but to make it look like somehting its not ??

Do you have too much money ?
Well, basically because a Framus Cobra is my dream amp and they look awesome I do have $500, but I don't see what difference it makes. I could try to make it unique, but then I'd have to think about it
You can do it. The hard part would be finding the metal cover that looks like the one on the framus amp. The cost, i have no clue.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
^Yeah, that would be hard. I guess I'd just like to put on some sort of metal cover with holes in it, so you can see the tubes, it doesn't have to look like the cobra. Might there be some place I could just by some sheet metal and cut out holes where I wanted? What kind of metal would I need; steel?
Last edited by De Amazing Blob at Jan 22, 2007,
Aluminium... Stainless steel... Titanium... Tantalum... Platinum... Pretty much anything will work.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
chicken wire?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass