whats a good distortion pedal taht costs around $40 im relly into a lot of heavy metal with lots of distortion and theres a lot of pedals so does anyone know of any good ones?
i dont know if 40 is such a brilliant budget, but i would recommend the Boss Metal Zone MT-2 if you can afford it
the Boss DS-1 is 40 bucks. I don't know that it will necessarily give you a metal tone, but it'll give you tons of distortion.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
hmmm you should prolly spend a bit more if you want anything that sounds good, i would say spend like 60(maybe 70, cant remember exact price) and get a big muff or little big muff. either that or spend like a little over 100 to get a uber metal (line 6)
Quote by killfrog
hmmm you should prolly spend a bit more if you want anything that sounds good, i would say spend like 60(maybe 70, cant remember exact price) and get a big muff or little big muff. either that or spend like a little over 100 to get a uber metal (line 6)

Uber Metal isn't that good. I have one. MT-2 is your best bet.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Metal Master is OK, I had one and it wasnt really good, especially for the price. I would go with the EHX Metal Muff.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
The boss ds-1 was on sale this weekend at guitar center, my girlfriend got it for me for 29.99
has anyone used the DigiTech Death Metal Distortion Pedal it looks like about what im looking for
Ehh...any $40 pedal will sound like ass to be honest.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Danolectro makes a FAB Metal for 20-30 dollars. with the extra 10 dollars you can get an adapter for it.
but personally, i think it would be an honest mistake to spend 40 dollars on a distortion pedal. distortion is the one you use most, and you shouldnt skimp on that one.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Danelectro FAB Metal is a damm good metal pedal for the price, I paid $14 for mine and it's good enough to be on my pedal board for live work right next to my $100 tube screamer and $200 uni-vibe etc. Try it out for yourself or listen to the sound bites at Danelectro.com if you're on a budget that's the one, the FAB distortion is good too.
look here

I bought one of theese and in the beggining didnt sounded too good but i played a bit with the controls and got some REALLY good distorsion good for heavy metal i say
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
look here

I bought one of theese and in the beggining didnt sounded too good but i played a bit with the controls and got some REALLY good distorsion good for heavy metal i say

Dear God, anything Behringer is absolute crap.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Seriously...if you're gonna play metal then the Dist. is gonna be your key pedal. So don't skimp. I'd go for the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff. I got one a couple weeks ago and it's sick. The top boost is golden, even if you have to play with it a bit.

And, in addition, get an adapted. Distortion pedals, in particular, seem to be huge drains of battery life.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
EHX METAL MUFF FTW!!! but its way out ur budget... ehh at this price prob yeah the beghringer one.. dun expect much though... OR u can use ur comp with plugins!! thats free as far as i can think
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
Dude, dont spend $40 on a distortion pedal, Save up 100 bucks and buy yourself a metal muff, it is the best metal Distotion pedal out there.....
just like most of the other people have said, save up a and get a EHX metal muff.
My Musical Rig:
Ibanez RG120
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Clone
Marshall MG10CD
Coming:
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Distant Future:
Ibanez S-Prestige S2170FW
Yeah thanx for the replies im gonna get a Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost and ill have to wait a little longer to save up but this should be worth it i listened to the sound files and its the best i've heard and im also saving for a new guitar and i wanted something better than my $10 rouge distortion pedal
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Metal-Muff-with-Top-Boost?sku=153339
o yea i forgot what is the power suply i know its got a adapter but what is it i probably already got one thatll work with it and does it come with one of those wooden boxes i saw in the pics of the cheaper ones?
any standard negative-tip 9V adaptor will work just fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by 420 FREAK
has anyone used the DigiTech Death Metal Distortion Pedal it looks like about what im looking for

not horrible, but it's almost too much sometimes. I tried my friend's pedal and it was a bit over the top, even for metal.

the digitech grunge is reallly nice, and can get metal tones.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite