Poll: Did Video Kill the radio star?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did Video Kill the radio star?
Video Indeed Killed the Radio Star
27 43%
Radio is Killing the Video Star
9 14%
I'm pretty much Neutral
27 43%
Voters: 63.
Did Video Definitively kill the Radio Star? A Huge Fad/hit in the 80's-90's Music Videos were being produced NON stop. But in recent years with Illegal Music/Video Downloading, MTV turning Reality TV, and people producing their own video's on youtube, the focus seems to be turned back to Radio. AM-FM is still kicking with the new edition to the Radio wave family XM Satellite Radio. So is Radio Killing the Video Star?

Your Thoughts?
Radio rules all.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
most FM radio is just as bad as MTV, video didnt so much kill it as bring it down to its level.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Music Videos killed Music because it's not about the music, it's about what the artists are wearing
hue
When MTV was first introduced, some artists were, indeed, "killed" by it. Others, however, were discovered because of it. However, the true star makes videos and still remains popular in the future, do to timeless music.....

And to threadstarter: Somebody's been watching VH1 Classic, haven't they.....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by eckmann88
When MTV was first introduced, some artists were, indeed, "killed" by it. Others, however, were discovered because of it. However, the true star makes videos and still remains popular in the future, do to timeless music.....

And to threadstarter: Somebody's been watching VH1 Classic, haven't they.....

I dont think i've watched VH1 in about 3 years..... So no.
Music Videos killed Music because it's not about the music, it's about what the artists are wearing

- agreed... everythings a "scene" now
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Kyle Gass
I dont think i've watched VH1 in about 3 years..... So no.

Oh, on VH1 the other day they had a special "Did video really kill the radio star?" and this reminded me of it....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
I don't care. All I care about is hearing the song I want to hear. I don't really care if it's in a video or not.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
most FM radio is just as bad as MTV, video didnt so much kill it as bring it down to its level.

Tru dat.
I like radio if it's actually good music. In bigger cities I'm sure there are decent radio stations, but around here, it's all crap. 'Cept for the classic rock stations.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
Tru dat.
I like radio if it's actually good music. In bigger cities I'm sure there are decent radio stations, but around here, it's all crap. 'Cept for the classic rock stations.

i live in a pretty big city we have two good radio stations, the local college radio station that you can only get within like 4 miles of campus and NPRs music station, which is good some times and some times its crap. Classic rock stations suck IMO the music doesnt suck (well some of it does) its just that they play the the same 50 or so songs over and over again.

Last.fm
yeah, but the problem with classic rock stations is that theyve been playing those same songs for the last ten years, at least other stations play new stuff as it comes out.

Last.fm
Quote by ckellingc
I think the video killed the radio star was a bit before the 80's my friend.

the song came out in '83 and if you mean the general idea, radio was a hugE format until the mid-late 80s when everyone started getting cable.

Last.fm
Quote by sock_demon
There are TONS of quality music videos that perfectly complement their songs. Not all music videos are about "what the artists are wearing". Maybe the ones that make it to MTV are about that, but you can't discredit all the effort that goes into making insightful, well-thought-out music videos.
Video just made it so you can see those annoying top 10 songs over and over instead of just listening to them.

Screw radio and MTV. I just listen to the music I like and watch music videos that I think are cool.
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
You got this thread idea from The Top 20 Videos of the 80's on Vh1, didn't you?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Kyle Gass
You dont read the posts before you do you???

Hell no. That Genesis video freaked me out a bit.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power