basically the name says it all. i'm looking into buying humbuckers that would be well suited for hardcore/post-hardcore music; music like atreyu, grace gale, the bled, versus the mirror, saosin. but i always want humbuckers that can give me all that and still do good cleans, for stuff along the lines of blues. is there any pair of humbuckers that can give me all that? can the hot rodded humbucker set do it or should i try something else? to the point i just need humbuckers that can give me sweet cleans and heavy distortion for easy pinch harmonics. thanks for any suggestions.
Gear:

Peavey Wolfgang
Epiphone G-400
Marshall AVT 150 Head
Peavey 5150 Slant Cab
Duncan JB/59 combo. JB at the bridge, 59' at the neck. A lot of ESP/LTD guitars come stock with that combo, and LTDs are awesome for your kind of music. So, yeah. lol
not at all lol, its from the boondock saints though, which is set in boston
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Duncan JB/59 combo. JB at the bridge, 59' at the neck. A lot of ESP/LTD guitars come stock with that combo, and LTDs are awesome for your kind of music. So, yeah. lol

Either that, or actually put a Duncan Distortion in the bridge. It's the same windings as a JB except it has a ceramic magnet, making it tighter, crunchier, and more suited for metal, while still being mad clear.
^ Thats what Ive heard. BUT would it be good for his other tastes as well is the question.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ Thats what Ive heard. BUT would it be good for his other tastes as well is the question.

The cleans in the JB aren't great at all, the Distortion's cleans have a woody character to them.. they sound better. But with most high output pickups, it's best to just flip off to the neck pickup for clean bits anyway.

The best high output pickup for cleans is the Custom 5 from Seymour Duncan.. it retains all of it's clean goodness from the 59, but gets alot heavier, it just might not be what he's looking for, distortion wise.
so a 59' would be great for the neck... but what about the bridge? are the duncan sh-4's any good? or would a jb or distortion be better than the sh-4?
Gear:

Peavey Wolfgang
Epiphone G-400
Marshall AVT 150 Head
Peavey 5150 Slant Cab
Quote by InterSparta
so a 59' would be great for the neck... but what about the bridge? are the duncan sh-4's any good? or would a jb or distortion be better than the sh-4?

The JB IS the SH-4, Just as the real title of the 59 is the SH-1.

I still say Distortion.