Page 1 of 2
Are you a hobby player, someone who just plays mostly privately, mostly at home and maybe a small gig here and there, or are you an aspiring pro musician who's in a band, playing gigs, and all that?

I myself so far am a private player, though I wouldn't mind being in a band. There are alot of people hwo I see have nice gear and are great guitarist, and they pretty much play by themselves.
Hobby Player I guess....
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
professional musician. paid to play and recordings coming soon
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
i'm a private player but i play a ton and like to record my stuff...but just for myself
Aspiring musican whose band can't get gigs due to small redneck town, but plays talent shows every chance they get.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Aspiring pro musician, in the way that I'm aspiring to be a pro musician. Played a few gigs with my latest band but nothing for money yet. We're damn good though, just started work on writing for our EP.. no news on when it'll be recorded though.
I'd like to join a band, but the thing is my school isnt exactly perfect for recruiting. I'm a sophomore, and there arent many serious musicians (most of the guitar players are emo kids with starcasters who play once a month). And I cant look down at freshman and future freshmen because they're all wiggers.
Aspiring musician, I really want to make it big...but you just have to realize that even though if you're extremely leet on the guitar, it still will be quite difficult to get noticed.

But I just want to get in a band, record in studio, play a few gigs here and there and have fun.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by ShadowsFallFan
aspiring musician who plays privately. **** i want in a band. guitar is my life.

Quote by bmac85
i'm a private player but i play a ton and like to record my stuff...but just for myself

Pretty much these two. But I aspire to write the greatest album of this decade.
hobby, unless u count this 1 dude who plays guitar w me evrynow and then and a drummer. not rele a band yet

80th best UGer
Hobby, guitar is my favorite thing in life at the moment, except well life. But I don't really care for making it big, but if I do I have no problem. I mean I love the guitar but I would not give up my education for it unless some guy comes up and says I will pay you a million dollars to play your guitar. But no I don't have a band not really looking though either.
Quote by TJM2482
I'd like to join a band, but the thing is my school isnt exactly perfect for recruiting. I'm a sophomore, and there arent many serious musicians (most of the guitar players are emo kids with starcasters who play once a month). And I cant look down at freshman and future freshmen because they're all wiggers.

Same here, except, i'm a freshmen.

My grade isn't really all that serious about becoming a band and all, I have a little band that plays for school and all, but it's really nothing, I don't think they're THAT serious about it....so, soon enough, I'm going to quit.

I don't know, I just want my child hood to be fun and exciting with people that share the same interests as I do.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I know plenty of guitarists, I could prob. get a rythm guitarist to play with me, but I dont know of any drummers or bass players.
Any people here in Hawaii?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
mostly home but a small gig now and then.. would love to be in a regular band though
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Just a hobby player, but id love to get a band going, and get somewhere.
Aspiring musician. Music is my life. I haven't gone a day in my life where I haven't listened to music.
I'd love t obe in a band, but my community is pretty sucky when it comes to band-esque people in my age group. :/

For now it's just a bedroom player with a few jam sessions. :/
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Pacifica112J
Aspiring musician. Music is my life. I haven't gone a day in my life where I haven't listened to music.

Exact same thing here. Sometimes i wonder if i love it too much because I'm ALWAYS listening to the ipod or playing guitar.
I play for a hobby, but I am trying to get into a band as a guitarist, I am also a drummer and currently in a death metal band

pepsi
Aspiring rock star isn't an option!?

Aspiring musician, I guess.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Band.
Much better to play with others then by myself.
I shred, Play acoustic.
Im pretty well rounded. It used to be my life till I got a girlfriend, who's become my whole world.
So guitar takes 2nd now.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by TJM2482

AHAHA too true
Right now, I'm still kinda newbie, but once I start to improve and get better, I might try to get into a band and possibly do a gig there and then.

I've got a couple of friends who play, I know two guitarists who are pretty decent, and a drummer. Overall, they're just casual players like me, nothing serious just of yet.
My newbie stuff:

Ashton Acoustic (forgot model :P)
Squier Stratocaster
Fender Frontman 15R

-

Saving up for...

Vox Valvetronix ADVT50
Boss D-2 Pedal
Les Paul Studio (Wine Red)
Last edited by Zhailzur at Jan 22, 2007,
although i have only been playing for about a year music is my life...i play private tho :P
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
More or less private at the moment, but just looking to hone in my playing skills before making a real go for becoming a pro, though this friday i'm going to be playing a couple of songs in the hard rock café with an amazing singer, and apparently 1 or 2 labels are going to be there specifically to see her.....so i'm bricking it at the moment, hope i dont mess up for the lass
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Aspiring i guess, im planning on entering BOTB at my school gonna play Bulls on Parade and show them fools whats cracking in real music.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Aspiring musician. I'm currently playing in a metal band my friends and i have had going since last summer. We're working on material for an EP right now and I'm so excited!
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
i'm wanting to break out of being a hobby player but how do i get out of the situation when everyone's into meta, it's just not for me... ah well...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
um, a bad one
Quote by the dave
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard I shat a little

Quote by Blompcube
i'm wanting to break out of being a hobby player but how do i get out of the situation when everyone's into metal, it's just not for me... ah well...

Dude i'm not into metal either.....your not the only one, you just gotta search around for people with a similar mind-set as you, all of you get together and just rock out.
Also sometimes if you wanna play a gig(s) you gotta play songs you don't like, like I said earlier i'm playing in the hard rock café in a few days time, and I don't like anything that i'm gonna be playing.....but it's experience playing infront of an audience (plus in my city playing there is like almost the best place) so you just gotta go for what you can.
But don't just take my word for it, have a look around and see whats avaliable to you
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
There should really be a poll on this thread...

In a band, Lead guitar, aspiring musician I suppose?

Cheers.
Me?

Oh I'm just trying to get laid
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
Me?

Oh I'm just trying to get laid

LOL good answer, why didn't I think of that
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Aspiring to be a pro. My band practices 5 days a week, we're writing for a 10 track album to begin recording in the beginning of February. We definitely view the band from a professional standpoint.
We're only strays.
Hobby, aspiring to be a serious hobby player and playing in a good band. Nothing pro.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Page 1 of 2