I am already looking towards to what my next bass is going to be. I want a nice one with overall good sound especially for alternative rock/metal stuff. This is only $300 so I thought this would be a good buy. I really want to be getting more than I payed for when I get something like this. I know that $300 isn't much for a bass guitar but from what I've heard, this thing has some really nice features to it. What I really want is a Warwick RockBass, but thats a about twice the price. So what are your opinions about this bass? Does it have good specs? Does it sound good? Is it sexy... well, of course it is but I really do want to know what you guys think about it before I think about trying it out.

Heres a link to it
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-F104-Electric-Bass?sku=516771&src=3SOSWXXA
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Jan 21, 2007,
what do you have now? amp?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I own this sucker. Trust me, for only 300, you will NOT be disappointed. There's no sound I can't get out of this thing. It has the best neck I've ever dealt with, enough meat (so to speak) to wrap your hand around but thin enough to be fast. It's great.
I have a Yamaha RBX170 and a 20 watt amp. Nothing to special.

i can almost guarentee the yamaha will be a better bass then the ltd
save up more and get something much better
So one guy is saying its awesome and another is saying it sucks compared to my Yamaha which isn't all that great.

I have read other reviews, including the ones a UG, and they never have anything bad to say besides putting batteries in the active pickups. This guitar is looking like a ****ing beast to me.
I think you should save up for a better amp, if you have a pinner 20W one.

The F-104 won't be too much better than your RBX170, but even so, you really really should get a better amp.

The lower-end ESPs aren't known to be great basses, as they're made with Agathis which a lower-quality wood. It's light, but compared to other woods (such as mahogany, ash or bubinga) it doesn't have much tonal character.
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at Jan 21, 2007,
I own this bass and have posted a reveiw. Its got a great variety of tone, looks fantastic and you wouldn't guess it had low end wood. For the amount you wanna spend this bass is the best. I live in the UK and payed £300 which is like $500 - $600 and i wern't dissapointed at all and i've tried a lot of higher end stuff such as fenders (J and P) and some high end ibanez and i think this can definetly stand up to the quality for Rock and Metal.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
If i were you, i would save up more money for a better bass. if you want a Rockbass, why buy this now? You're half way to the bass you really want. Never settle, there is no rush to buy this bass this second.

And whoever said amp above is right too. A good bass wont be done justice on a bad amp.

GASing is all wrong. if you truly want and need something, save up and get it. When you finally buy it, it's the best feeling...knowing you have saved hard and waited for it..

you'll thank me in six months when you have your Rockbass
Quote by Applehead
If i were you, i would save up more money for a better bass. if you want a Rockbass, why buy this now? You're half way to the bass you really want. Never settle, there is no rush to buy this bass this second.

And whoever said amp above is right too. A good bass wont be done justice on a bad amp.

GASing is all wrong. if you truly want and need something, save up and get it. When you finally buy it, it's the best feeling...knowing you have saved hard and waited for it..

you'll thank me in six months when you have your Rockbass

^ This guy knows his shit
But yes, buy a new amp first. I really regret getting my fender before a new amp. But no matter, I have both now
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Whoever said it wouldn;t be much better than the Yamaha has obviously never played one.