Page 1 of 3
Carpmuncher
Banned
332 IQ
TV on the Radio have really made a masterpiece.This is the most incredible album I have ever listened to. "Return to Cookie Mountain" is ****ing awesome. It is really hard to describe their type of music, but what it comes down to is that they are damn good. Check out this album now. Like I said in another post, make sure to listen to the album on good speakers preferrably with a subwoofer, because they use a very large range of tones and you really need to hear them all.
trev_smith12
UG Unknown
202 IQ
Yep the new album is amazing. I'm seeing them live in March, should be a great show.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
martyr
627 IQ
I'm covering Staring at the Sun, my favorite song of theirs.
Listen to my music here
unplugtheradio
Banned
514 IQ
i love them.

as does my friend.

my friend is a classic rock elitist.

fun for the whole family.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
So of the tunes are way strong, others are kinda meh
Overall I say they are good
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
I love them. I have their last two albums (I think the only full-length ones they've released, but not sure) and I love them both. I'm going to try to catch them next time they pass through LA, but it's going to be a lonely concert; none of my friends like them.
ROWYCO
345 IQ
TVOR is ****ing great, they are pretty much the best band out right now. If you'r friends dont like them, then you need to find new friends. Their musik gets me so crunk'

I think they are going to be at the Roo' this year.
Rock Out With Your Cock Out
balltounge
Ba Ba/Ti Ki/Di Do
65 IQ
Desperate youth....is a great album.

Not overly keen on what ive heard of the new one.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
Found these guys not too long ago actually. Someone made an unknow-indie thread and they were in there, and I've only heard their MySpace songs, but 'Return To Cookie Mountain' is on my to-buy list. How freaking good are Province and Wolf Like Me?? Man, I love em.
hypl
43 IQ
totr is a great band i love how they incorporate a soul feeling into rock, it makes them very unique. I actually picture them as a sort of gothic indie...but not in the typical gothic sense, just a more dark indie. I hope to go see them up in philly this march.
Doolittle
:liplick:
844 IQ
i heard "Wolf Like Me" and i kinda liked it, but idk what to think, are they an indie bandwagon band or something actually creative....?

slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
^ They're kind of both, honestly. I like them pretty well, though.
hypl
43 IQ
I dont know what part of them seems like they would be jumping on the indie bandwagon. Totr is a very creative band which uses their melodies mixed with some interesting drum work to give them a sound of their own instead of the monotonous sounds used by many other indie bands.
Patches McGee
UG Fanatic
42 IQ
One of the most overrated bands on the planet.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
Quote by Patches McGee

I didn't want to be the one to say something negative this time so had to wait for a great quote to come along.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles
11,165 IQ
A reason for not enjoying a bands music?
Ummm, it just doesn't float my boat...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
hypl
43 IQ
i was talking to patches mcgee. i mean i dont mind if you dont like thae band thats your personal opinion but i would like to know why he thinks the band is overrated.
*Truly Ninja*
it's yours
1,648 IQ
Quote by Patches McGee

Yup.
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
Can't say I'm into these. nor would I in the future, its like some lovchild of the Arcade Fire and the Shins, and both those bands are far better. Judging by that I should like them but I dont. umm weird.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
martyr
627 IQ
Quote by The Hurt Within
Can't say I'm into these. nor would I in the future, its like some lovchild of the Arcade Fire and the Shins, and both those bands are far better. Judging by that I should like them but I dont. umm weird.

Have you ever listened to TV on the Radio?

I'm just wondering, because that was a pretty far-fetched comparison, to say the least.

I think that TV on the Radio's, by far, one of the most progressive bands to be making music right now.
Listen to my music here
soadlp02
UG's Pissed Biscuit
306 IQ
Check out their cover of Daniel Johnston's "Walking The Cow." It is masterful.
Member #23 of the Opeth Fan Club

God is dead.
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
Quote by martyr
Have you ever listened to TV on the Radio?

I'm just wondering, because that was a pretty far-fetched comparison, to say the least.

I think that TV on the Radio's, by far, one of the most progressive bands to be making music right now.

Of course, I wouldn't say it otherwise. The vocal melodies at times sound like the shins, and the rhythm/percussion of certain tracks sound like the Arcade Fire. I dont see whats progressive abaout them, I just dont, theres nothing that unique to warrent the tag "Progressive". I mean I can go out in London tonight and find a band that sound like this. Their only redeeming feature is the voices. But that alone isn't enough.

You've only got to list to Province to hear The Shins: for example.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
when i hear province i hear david bowie...maybe thats just me though
Patches McGee
UG Fanatic
42 IQ
Quote by hypl
i was talking to patches mcgee. i mean i dont mind if you dont like thae band thats your personal opinion but i would like to know why he thinks the band is overrated.

Uhhh same reasons as andrew...

not my cup o' tea.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
guitarist163
mind and heart TOGETHER
69 IQ
I'm really likin em. I've only heard whats on their purevolume and myspace though, I doubt the garbage CD store where I live doesn't even carry their albums.
tAkE aPaRt YoUr HeAd
Daedelus
Banned
342 IQ
i like them a lot actually.

it's not for everyone though.

kinda shocked me when they were on MTV.
guitarist163
mind and heart TOGETHER
69 IQ
Quote by Daedelus
i like them a lot actually.

it's not for everyone though.

kinda shocked me when they were on MTV.

Wouldn't know about them otherwise.
tAkE aPaRt YoUr HeAd
soadlp02
UG's Pissed Biscuit
306 IQ
Quote by uhh_me?
when i hear province i hear david bowie...maybe thats just me though

You do because he helped produce the album and shows up on a few tracks.

God is dead.
soadlp02
UG's Pissed Biscuit
306 IQ
Quote by uhh_me?
really? i had no idea...
/sarcasm

Damn internet and it's lack of inflection.

God is dead.
Barrett346
it's my noise
33 IQ
Thank you all the people who think they are overrated. I thought I was the only one on the planet that felt that way.
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
I give them about as much credit as they're due I feel.

I think they're good. Used to think a lot more of them, but after hearing all the songs more than a few times, they do sem to sink away a little. I really have to be in the mood to listen to them to fully appreciate them.
abwell
222 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I kind of like "Wolf Like Me" but everything else is kind of rubbish. It's all boring, from what I've heard (and eventually changed because of how boring it was).

lol. you only like their single?

MTVboy
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
Quote by abwell

MTVboy

that made me laugh...dorkus is pretty far from being an mtvboy
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by abwell

MTVboy

Because TV on the Radio are totally MTV

I'm also a Madonna fan (not a joke).

Quote by uhh_me?
that made me laugh...dorkus is pretty far from being an mtvboy
I know right? What the hell? I like a song for what it is, that happens to be played on MTV, and I get called an MTV-boy.

This brings up a bigger indier-than-thou problem that I don't want to get into (because I'm lazy and a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to indier-than-thou attitude).

Maybe I'll write an article for it or something...
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Mar 15, 2007,
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
This brings up a bigger indier-than-thou problem that I don't want to get into (because I'm lazy and a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to indier-than-thou attitude).

I hear ya, man. I catch myself feeding into that attitude more often than I should. I don't know what it is, but it's hard to avoid.