It depends on what kind of sound you want, you might want to try out some guitars at your local guitar store.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Yeah, I'd definitely say you should get the amp before the guitar. I think Dimebag used a solid state amp so you might want to consider a good ss.
Tbh, the guitar itself was rather small...when i played it hence the dinkyness, it did seem like a kl guitar however. As for the amp comments, Line 6 are hated in this forum, though they are loved with most guitar magazines and artists who use them. But yeah, if u try it out at your local guitar stop, do it with a spider too, also Theirs nothing wrong with spiders, yes their a digital amp, so are most Solid State amps lol.

Edit: if you go for the Dinky go for the active pickups, EMGs and also check out the LTD 400 range, bit more expencive perhaps but definatly worth it.

ill so get flamed for this...
I would probebly go with an ESP as CraigKing said.

also I wouldnt class your band as death or thrash just pretty much metalcore
Quote by Holy Katana
I like how your MySpace says you're Thrash/Death Metal, but you're actually just really clichéd metalcore.

Yeah. that is Metalcore. Wtf, change that description now.
Jackson Dinkies aren't in any way small, Craigking did you even play one, because it seems like you didn't

And TS, it's a nice guitar but for your style of music, you probably should go for two humbuckers and a different sort of finish. Look into any of the MG series, a DXMG or a DKMG, or maybe a WRMG/WXMG if you like the warrior body style. Pretty sure they'd suit you better.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
Jackson Dinkies aren't in any way small, Craigking did you even play one, because it seems like you didn't

And TS, it's a nice guitar but for your style of music, you probably should go for two humbuckers and a different sort of finish. Look into any of the MG series, a DXMG or a DKMG, or maybe a WRMG/WXMG if you like the warrior body style. Pretty sure they'd suit you better.

uuhh, well it was definatly smaller than my other guitar, maybe it wasnt 24fret or something :S but they must be called dinky for a reason...
Quote by Holy Katana
I like how your MySpace says you're Thrash/Death Metal, but you're actually just really clichéd metalcore.

+1

but it's a death metal/trash death metal band

and for the threadstarter, get the mesa
Quote by CraigKing
uuhh, well it was definatly smaller than my other guitar, maybe it wasnt 24fret or something :S but they must be called dinky for a reason...

24 and 22 fret guitars are usually the same size... And don't ask me why are they called Dinky, they're pretty much the same size as Jackson Soloists and now out of production Jackson Performers, or are you going to say these are small guitars as well? Most Ibanez superstrats are pretty similar to Jackson Dinky bodystyle as well, and they aren't any bigger either. Hell, Fender Strats are the same size as Dinkies, too.

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Quote by ar73m

What, are you saying cherry sunbursts aren't metal? I love cherry sunbursts.
Quote by holywars56
ok.. for one.. My bands is not Metalcore. How can u say that with the vocals.
And 2.. does anyone know what a sustanic pickup is?

No, those vocals sound pretty metalcore to me. Sorry, man, but you're just gonna have to try again.

And a Sustainiac pickup is kinda like a Fernandes Sustainer, but made by Jackson, I believe. It allows you to sustain a note indefinitely. It's in the neck position of that particular guitar.
Quote by holywars56
ok.. for one.. My bands is not Metalcore. How can u say that with the vocals.

Dude, those riffs were stolen from the metalcore Bible.
Quote by Holy Katana
What, are you saying cherry sunbursts aren't metal? I love cherry sunbursts.

Nothing wrong with cherry sunbursts, it's just not a colour I'd associate with metal maybe that's just me

the band is deathcore.
look at dkmg and the dk2m as well.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Get the KE3.I'm really GASsing for one now
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Dude, those riffs were stolen from the metalcore Bible.

The main riff from the first song on there is almost a complete ripoff of the chorus riff from one of the songs my friend's band wrote.
Quote by Holy Katana
No, those vocals sound pretty metalcore to me. Sorry, man, but you're just gonna have to try again.

Wow, you're being a total fartface... I so like how you're being a total fartface. =D
I'd say their a nice guitar... but if you go with one you would proablly should get a JS30 with EMG 81/85 combo... I have Dinky JS20 (two single coil and one humbucker) and I like how it plays, very confortable to play leads on the higher frets.
Quote by Holy Katana
The main riff from the first song on there is almost a complete ripoff of the chorus riff from one of the songs my friend's band wrote.

All metalcore sounds kind of samish. Not to say that I don't like a few metalcore bands, but all you need to do is make a simple ascending or decending melody on the 5th string like this:
A l--5--7--8--7--5-7--7--8--8-10-8-7-8~

Add 6th string chugging:

A L--5--7--8--7--5-7--7--8--8-10-8-7-8~
D L00-00-00-00-00---00-00-00-0--0-0-

Play fastish. Voila! Instant metalcore riff.

edit: I almost forgot. Drop the tuning to make it sound more metal
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jan 22, 2007,
Would look at the soloists rather than dinky's for the kind of music you want to play. (e.g. an SL2H..)
Yea it would be better.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by King ofKumbucha
All metalcore sounds kind of samish. Not to say that I don't like a few metalcore bands, but all you need to do is make a simple ascending or decending melody on the 5th string like this:
A l--5--7--8--7--5-7--7--8--8-10-8-7-8~

Add 6th string chugging:

A L--5--7--8--7--5-7--7--8--8-10-8-7-8~
D L00-00-00-00-00---00-00-00-0--0-0-

Play fastish. Voila! Instant metalcore riff.

edit: I almost forgot. Drop the tuning to make it sound more metal

Nah, just open up any tab for any song by At The Gates, preferably from Slaughter of the Soul, and take any riff, ANY riff, from it, no matter how short or insignificant, and there's your main riff. Repeat it until it's time for the first verse, and then you have to either make your own or just rip off another one that leads into the first verse. Take the original riff and play that for the first verse. After that, either have a breakdown or a chorus, then a breakdown. For the chorus, maybe have something high up, with slow power chords in the background. Then, for the breakdown, play the lowest power chord you can, and repeat it in any sort of rhythm you like. Throw in a few more power chords of different pitches, and some pinch harmonics, and then, do a riff that leads into the second verse. Repeat until song ends.
Quote by Holy Katana
Nah, just open up any tab for any song by At The Gates, preferably from Slaughter of the Soul, and take any riff, ANY riff, from it, no matter how short or insignificant, and there's your main riff. Repeat it until it's time for the first verse, and then you have to either make your own or just rip off another one that leads into the first verse. Take the original riff and play that for the first verse. After that, either have a breakdown or a chorus, then a breakdown. For the chorus, maybe have something high up, with slow power chords in the background. Then, for the breakdown, play the lowest power chord you can, and repeat it in any sort of rhythm you like. Throw in a few more power chords of different pitches, and some pinch harmonics, and then, do a riff that leads into the second verse. Repeat until song ends.

So damn true.
The Jackson Dinky's are called Dinky's because the body is a 7/8 scale of a regular strat body. So yes, it is smaller. The soloists are the same way.

The Japanese Jacksons are damn good guitars. The electronics are kind of cheap, but they're replaceable. They saved money on that stuff and put more into the craftsmanship.

Since you're doing the heavy stuff and the budget for you is around $700.... Then I would say to look into the DK2M, or the DK2. Or if you need to change tunings a lot go for the DK2T. They all come with original Duncan's, however, if you want the high gain out of the pickups you could always throw a Dimebucker in the bridge.

If you want a USA model, look into the SL1, SL2, or DK1.
Quote by Crownman
The Jackson Dinky's are called Dinky's because the body is a 7/8 scale of a regular strat body. So yes, it is smaller. The soloists are the same way.

Aha, yay i thought so.
The dinky is bigger than a soloist.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.