Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Roland Micro Cube
3 13%
ISP Decimator
21 88%
Voters: 24.
alright i got like 150 dollars (us), and i think i might get either the Roland micro cube, or an ISP Decimator.

i would use the Cube to take to school so i could get a few more minutes of practice during lunch and break, and to show off a little bit to my friends

or i could get the decimator, i have a 5150 stack and it squeals like a bitch, im not really in a band right now, i just jam with my friend who plays drums.

i know its my decision, i just want some other opinions on the situation, which would you get? or should get somthing different from one of those, if so, what?
Gear:
Epiphone 1958 Black flyingv
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Yamaha guitar (1st guitar)
Behringer V-ampire 112
dude the decimator is awesome, it helped tame my 5150. The cube is just kind of unnecessary.
That loser shit's right out the window!
am i going to get banned if i ask for more suggestions?
Gear:
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Behringer V-ampire 112
^Not at all, that's all anyone ever does on this forum.

Just curious; how does everyone play at school anyway? It'd be a pain to carry your guitar around, and knowing my school they probably wouldn't let you. It seems odd to me... In any case, I think the cube would be great just as a practice amp when you don't want to lug your stack around, but it's really up to you to decide which one you want more; less bitchy squealiness, or playing at lunch. I'd probably go with the decimator.
Quote by De Amazing Blob
^Not at all, that's all anyone ever does on this forum.

Just curious; how does everyone play at school anyway? It'd be a pain to carry your guitar around, and knowing my school they probably wouldn't let you. It seems odd to me... In any case, I think the cube would be great just as a practice amp when you don't want to lug your stack around, but it's really up to you to decide which one you want more; less bitchy squealiness, or playing at lunch.

damn both options sound great....damnit i wish i had a job, or my mother was rich....

do you mean how good are people at school? or do they play at all? a few kids bring an acoustic, or a guitar and a pocket amp, but i want own their asses so, i dunno...EVENTUALLY ill probally have both of these, its just which i should get first
Gear:
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Behringer V-ampire 112
Bringing guitars to school is retarded.
Decimator.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
get the noise gate. bringing your guitar to school is a dumb idea cuz someone could steal it. or if you wanna save some money get the boss noise gate. it works well for me.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Last edited by metallicafan180 at Jan 22, 2007,
Bringing a guitar to school is awesome, only regret is that I didn't do it more often in my school days. We used to have bus singalongs, I'd play in the back of chemistry class...it was great times, not to mention loudass jams at lunch time which the girl's school could hear from their playground across the road.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Bringing guitars to school is retarded.
Decimator.

ya i was thinkin about my situation today, ive got enough books to carry around as it is, and if somone tried to jack my guitar i kill knife em, so im gonna go with the decimator, thanks everyone
Gear:
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Behringer V-ampire 112
Quote by Corpse_Defier
alright i got like 150 dollars (us), and i think i might get either the Roland micro cube, or an ISP Decimator.

i would use the Cube to take to school so i could get a few more minutes of practice during lunch and break, and to show off a little bit to my friends

or i could get the decimator, i have a 5150 stack and it squeals like a bitch, im not really in a band right now, i just jam with my friend who plays drums.

i know its my decision, i just want some other opinions on the situation, which would you get? or should get something different from one of those, if so, what?

I vote for the ISP Decimator pedal...if your rig is noisy take care of that first and then get the cube later (if you must have it)

showing off isn't something I do with my gear as it leads to getting it stolen...one reason ill never bring my equipment on campus