im trying to learn ring of fire but cant find the dtrum pattern anywhere.
can anyone help?
i just figure out the strumming patterns by ear, i know that song but i have no clue how to write out a strumming pattern.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just boom-strum chack-strum boom-strum chack-strum through the G chord with your thumb hitting the 6th string on every boom and the 5th on every chack. Boom chacking through the C you boom the 4th and chack the 5th string and through the D chord your thumb booms the 4th and chacks 3rd string. That's all there is to it, basically. Don't go searching for some virtuoso tricks, for they are not there. That is what makes Cash-music so utterly brilliant
Last edited by Marcel Veltman at Jan 22, 2007,
ok this is my first song and im not exactly sure what boom chak means i have an idea but some clarity would be good.
Um...3 years and i dont know what a boom and chak are...but i just play it Down Down up down up
No, not down up. It's down down only, with an alternating bass note every strum. Boom is a low bassnote while chack means a high bass note. But if you insist doing upstrokes, you could try to hold the same rhythm as the tatarataraatatataa of the trumpets in the intro of the original recording.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Just boom-strum chack-strum boom-strum chack-strum through the G chord with your thumb hitting the 6th string on every boom and the 5th on every chack. Boom chacking through the C you boom the 4th and chack the 5th string and through the D chord your thumb booms the 4th and chacks 3rd string. That's all there is to it, basically. Don't go searching for some virtuoso tricks, for they are not there. That is what makes Cash-music so utterly brilliant

LOLZ

WTF
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Quote by darianivan
thanks everyone i got it now. its just like a train.

Well said. 'Like a train' sums it all up nicely.
Quote by DJaye
LOLZ

WTF

HAHA, perfect response. I'd like to add that the book-chak method should be inducted by the conservatory.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.