I was just wondering how come punk music never has any trippy stuff added into it. Cause all the punk music I have heard (exception of the album Cacophony) just has a scooped out mid sound and that's it. Any reccomendations for a band with some distorted shit. Like maybe something using a delay or echo effect,phase changer etc.
What's up?
see: Japanther, Lightning Bolt, Giant Haystacks, the new ****ed Up et. al.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by HPLoveCraft
I was just wondering how come punk music never has any trippy stuff added into it. Cause all the punk music I have heard (exception of the album Cacophony) just has a scooped out mid sound and that's it. Any reccomendations for a band with some distorted shit. Like maybe something using a delay or echo effect,phase changer etc.

Most punk guitarists(or at least most of the ones I listen to) have their mids way up and for some fun stuff give Talking Heads a listen. Try Television too, their music isn't lots of crazy effects experimental but its really different for a band associated with punk.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Bob Mould from Husker Du always had a kool guitar sound. A big chorusy, reverby distorted guitar. check out the albums Zen Arcade and New Day Rising
reagan youth`s second album is all trippy, wah wahs, delays n shit...
deadkennedys, east bay ray playing all the time with delay
early nofx albums are heavily distorted, especialy liberal animation
filaments, the new great UK band has heavy distortion
exploited new albums

or just listen to harcore bands like madball and you will find what you want
Quote by webaldo
filaments, the new great UK band has heavy distortion

they're great.
but stereotypical punk is pretty much the opposite to stereotypical pyschadelia.
agent orange have some cool trippy surf riffs.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Babaca
Bob Mould from Husker Du always had a kool guitar sound. A big chorusy, reverby distorted guitar. check out the albums Zen Arcade and New Day Rising

That's basically who I was going to suggest. Get Zen Arcade, definitely.
Quote by whyvern
see: Japanther, Lightning Bolt, Giant Haystacks, the new ****ed Up et. al.

I don't know anyone else who likes Giant Haystacks. They're good.
Sonic youth, they're kinda like punk phycedelia. Pick up Daydream Nation! (album)
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
Oh, and The dead Kennedys, east Bay Ray used reveb and delay for like a surf sound.
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
There's those few Government Issue songs like "Last Forever" and "Memories Past" that have all kinds of wierd shit in them.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Jan 25, 2007,
im sure youve heard of Nirvana. try stuff off their in utero album, much more experimental, and noisy.
try some Nine Black Alps songs- Not Everyone, Ironside, Shot Down, and Everybody Is.
At The Drive-In songs, like One Aremd Scissor, or Arc Arsenal. this is a cool experimental punk band.