some love 'em, some hate 'em.

but
i started this thread to see who all out there uses a two-amp rig, and what it consists of.

personally,
i run a mesa mark III with a dual rectofier into a stereo cab.
"don't you know there ain't no devil? Its just god when he's drunk"
-tom waits
Wait, so you play through both at the same time? Or just switch between for clean and distorted?
If it wasn't a pain in the ass, I'd A/B my Road King and my Super Bassman for cleans. But I'm pretty happy with the cleans on the road king so it's not worth the effort.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
you can use both at the same time.

depending on the situation, i sometimes use both the recto and the mark III at the same time to use my effects in stereo...like stereo chorus and panning delays from amp to amp.

but most of the time i use the mark for cleans and rec for distortion.
but using both on clean at the same time sounds pretty crazy.
-tom waits
teenagemisfit: PICS PICS PICS! WE DEMAND PICS! lol

I AB/Y my Triple Recto and my Marshall JCM900 usually. With that set-up, you can get pretty much any tone.

Ugh...this is going to get complicated but here goes:

If I want a middy, smooth sounding crunch-I use the JCM900 all alone and crank the ish out of it.
If I want the modern high-gain tone, I obviously use the Recto. But I dont scoop my mids. My mids on channel 3 modern are at 3 o'clock.
If I want a super full, heavy, kill your sperm, give you a headache sound, I use both. I scoop the mids on the Recto a tad bit (about 12:30) and crank the mids to max on the Marshall. The mids that the Recto lacks at this point is made up for with the mids on the Marshall. And visa-versa for the Marshall lacking low end chunk.

As for cleans, I use the Mesa for high and low end on channel one clean. (Highs: 4 o'clock, mids: none Lows: 1 o'clock Pres: full Gain: noon) and then to give it some body I use the Marshall's mids. The combination together actually give a really nice clean tone.

Dude...I give up. I havnt even scratched the surface of what I do for all my tones that I like. Especially when trying to explain how I use both amps together. lol
I heard that Tool guy uses a Diezel-Recto-Plexi combination for his dirty sound..... MASSIVE !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
I heard that Tool guy uses a Diezel-Recto-Plexi combination for his dirty sound..... MASSIVE !!!

It's two Diezels and the Marshall is apparently Marshall Bass or that's what I heard
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I have one of the little shit 15 ss strat pack fender amps that I used with my little tube amp in stereo. Sounded f*cking sweet. Two amps sound awesome, especially with distortion. I wouldn't do it with bigger amps though, they'd toss you out the venue haha. If you're gonna use a stereo rig, two 20 watters(Tube) would be more than enough.
you can use them in stereo with the Y switch,
but what i do for stereo effects is run one output from the effects box to one amp, and one to the other. i only do it with a boss superchorus and a DD6, so they both have stereo outputs.

its not something i do that often, but delay + chorus in stereo is pretty freakin cool to be perfectly honest.

but my scheme is a lot like kurdtkobaign's...
but instead of a marshall i have my mark III which sounds a lot like a marshall when loaded with a quad of EL-34's...i use it for more of a lower growl distortion + cleans with lots of mids...then my rectofier for...well...we all know what a rectifier can do.
-tom waits
I use my Marshall MG 15W for cleans and my Vox Valvetronix for distortion?
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
I split into a Crate Palomino V8 and an Epi Valve Jr and crank 'em both up to about half volume to get my sound.
Quote by teenagemisfit2
some love 'em, some hate 'em.

but
i started this thread to see who all out there uses a two-amp rig, and what it consists of.

personally,
i run a mesa mark III with a dual rectofier into a stereo cab.

Thats what I plan on doing! I'll be running my VOX for cleans and either MArshall or Laney for my od. Im all for it!
Doesn't running 2 amps at the same time encounter footswitch problems ?

Surely you can't change both at once....

But you could build yourself a custom footswitch with a stereo lead to each amp....

Hmmmmm i'm having ideas now!

Lewis
Quote by Lcollins1
Doesn't running 2 amps at the same time encounter footswitch problems ?

Surely you can't change both at once....

But you could build yourself a custom footswitch with a stereo lead to each amp....

Hmmmmm i'm having ideas now!

Lewis

Yeah I had this problem!

I overcome it using a midi footswitch to control a g major effects unit which controlls the midi switching on my marshall jmp-1/9100 rack and the external jack switching on my mesa dual recto. That way I have the dirty sounds together, lead sounds, clean sounds or whatever. (Using an Lehle AB/Y switch to send my guitar signal to each input).

Jake
as far as footswitch problems, i dont have any.

the switch for the mark III is just a standard 2 button switch for lead/clean and reverb on/off.

and the one for the recto is the big one that all the recs use.
both of them just sit on my pedal board with everything else.

theres no problem condensing them to one pedal...
i really dont see a reason to.
most of the time the mark III stays on the clean channel and the recto stays on overdrive/distortion, so its like a glorified two channel amp...only instead of switching amp channels, i switch with an A/B box.

i dont touch the footswitches for each amp much, if at all.

-tom waits