Page 1 of 4
Title, serious answers only PLEASE.

I really don't see why they think that they are not equal to men. I mean they go through the exact same hardships as men, and blame in on them not being equal. WTF!

pepsi
Personally, I'd only expect a woman to cook for me if she got home before me.
Cybershark of the Maximals Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!
Its the same way that black people don't feel as though they're treated equally as white people: In the past they were treated like shit
LOL both woman and black people are better off then white males.
Women: I can't stop or cause an abortion
Blacks: I don't get affirmative action
well, i guess it has to do with the thought of females not being able to handle as much as men, and that they are weak or something. What I dont understand is all the females who think the same way as that stereotype..like they allow themselves to be treated poorly. plus im not saying all guys, but a lot of guys like thinking theyre the best and shit....i hope that stereotype is eradicated somehow from most peoples minds.
Because they:
get paid less than guys.
Were persecuted for years.
Wern't given the right to vote until the 1920's.
have a greater chance of getting fired over men.
have a lesser chance of getting a promotion over a man.
Quote by Joelsef
Personally, I'd only expect a woman to cook for me if she got home before me.

yes i agree. in the past its always really been the mens job to make $$ and womens job to cook and clean. if you think about, both are kinda the same..both doing work they dont wanna do...but women are put at much lower levels than men in businesses and shit today..well not all businesses.
well, most women do earn less, and most spousal abuse is against women, and believe it or not, lots of people are ignorant shitheads. However, i do hate the extreme feminests that get up in your face for no reason. Its like "calm down", you know? they just assuime that you're a "pig" because you have a dong
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Metal claw
It's because god made an error when he was balancing chemical equations prior to creating the world. He overlooked a hydrogen or two.

you just used creationism and evolutionism in one one post... thats like putting a fork in the microwave....

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
well, most women do earn less, and most spousal abuse is against women, and believe it or not, lots of people are ignorant shitheads. However, i do hate the extreme feminests that get up in your face for no reason. Its like "calm down", you know? they just assuime that you're a "pig" because you have a dong

yeah i dont like any advocates for any org. gosh remember growing up and all those ppl would waste their time doing ****in speeches on drugs and alchohol? tis pointless. no one is gonna say " oh yeah at my school we had a speech on alchoholism and thats why im not drinking"
Quote by Metal claw
I don't care for both theories. I care more about the fork and microwave.

god bless you, sir

Quote by Bladez22
If you spend some time reading threads in the pit, you will realise that feminism still has a loooooooong way to go.
Quote by sargasm
If you spend some time reading threads in the pit, you will realise that feminism still has a loooooooong way to go.

im not against feminism, but if you assume all men are assholes, why would you expect anything other than disrespect...seems a little contradictory

Quote by Bladez22
Well, there are really two types of feminists.

There are the rational feminists, who rightfully demand equality with men in the job market, society, the home, etc. Then, there are their more extreme counterparts, who blame all their problems on men and demand special rights and expect men to bow down to their almighty dual X chromosomes.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
im not against feminism, but if you assume all men are assholes, why would you expect anything other than disrespect...seems a little contradictory

That's not what feminism is.
^^^ i hate the extreme counter parts... if the extreme feminists win, then we will still be sexist, but in a good way to them, like they earn MORE then men instead of equal. Its like how the government is racist against black people in a good way to them, too scared the black people will think they are racist.

day off for MLK day, but not presidents day WTF??
Quote by sargasm
That's not what feminism is.

no, but lots of women who say they're feminests act that way

Quote by Bladez22
its a bit both ways. i mean sure men do get more pay ect but if they have a job that dosnt make much money or pick a job that they like but gets less income they get shit. women can realy do wot they like. sure a 1/4 of males [mabe less] are assholes but the rest arnt. im 15 and dont realy have a plan 4 the future. i might just get a job i like for a couple of years after i leave school and possibly 1 day go to tafe. i get shit all the time.
Quote by ROCK.ON
Its the same way that black people don't feel as though they're treated equally as white people: In the past they were treated like shit

Yeah, but there still is a lot of racism out there...

But yeah, women basically demand equal rights but then still wanna be treated special at the same time, quite hypocritical really... but don't worry ladies I still love you (even if you hate me now)
I don't know why. However women earn almost the same amount men do(when working at the same job at same experience level), the $.25 thing is only across the board as average income(If I recall correctly).
I have the Steve Vai 30 Hour Workout. If you want it, pm me with your email address.
6 person(s) served.
Too bad in divorces majority of the time the women get what they want. In this case, they aren't being oppressed at all.
How old are you ?

I was raised by two feminazi women. My mother and my grand mother. They annoy me a lot because every time something bad happens to them it's always them being oppressed by men, even though I hardly ever believe that's the case.

However, what I've failed to realize is just how fast things change. I'm 25 now, and even being a teenager in the 90's was way different than it is now. Young girls today have a lot more power, individuality and freedom than they did even 10 years ago. But in the 70's and the 80's (when my mother was in high school and university) things were even more different. My mother was telling me about how in the 80's when she went to buy a car for herself the sales person would direct 100% of his attention to my father, even though he was just there to tag along and had absolutely nothing to do with the purchase of that car. So I'm starting to see where they're coming from, even though I never personally observed anything like that growing up.

Things change really fast and so if you hear older women complain it's only because they don't realize how different it is for today's girls than it was just a couple years ago.
Well, the way I see it, where I come every dude you see is acting like a knight in shining armor as soon as a lady is in need of help, and most guys would bend over and lick their own sack for a piece of tail from said lady, so go ahead and tell me all about power.

I don't know squat about how it is in the "grown up world" or how hard or easy it is for anyone to get a promotion these days, I really don't. If you would ask me, though, which sex I believed had the most power over the other, I'd say women hands down.
If see past rape, spouse beating... All that shit, and get down to fairly civilized behaviour, most women run circles around us guys. Bat a lash and someone will be standing behind you, ready to kiss your ass, pay your tab or whatever.

The way I see it.
Quote by Renka
Well, the way I see it, where I come every dude you see is acting like a knight in shining armor as soon as a lady is in need of help, and most guys would bend over and lick their own sack for a piece of tail from said lady, so go ahead and tell me all about power.

I don't know squat about how it is in the "grown up world" or how hard or easy it is for anyone to get a promotion these days, I really don't. If you would ask me, though, which sex I believed had the most power over the other, I'd say women hands down.
If see past rape, spouse beating... All that shit, and get down to fairly civilized behaviour, most women run circles around us guys. Bat a lash and someone will be standing behind you, ready to kiss your ass, pay your tab or whatever.

The way I see it.

+1
yep...women have alot more power than men. Also to add to the list softer prison time, custody of children 90% of the time even if the mum is a useless b*tch. And I've seen women use the excuse, im female to get them out of alot of work.
Quote by Renka

The way I see it.

That's only true for good looking women though. The same thing could be said about good looking men.

Because there are those funny guys who like to say:

'Women are for cooking and sex.'
Quote by Def
And I've seen women use the excuse, im female to get them out of alot of work.

Yeah, my mom does that. She wanted me to move somethin and I said why dont you do it?
Then shes said 'cause Im a woman.'

Needless to say, I didnt move it for her
Quote by Witch-king
That's only true for good looking women though. The same thing could be said about good looking men.

Really, because that's never happened to me?

Seriously, though, I can see your point on physical attributes and how that would effect things, but if an opportunity opens itself up... I mean, most guys would shag any woman should he be able to.
Of course, if you're bald and have no teeth, extremely overweight etc., this might not be true, but then, all rules have exceptions.

I'm no sage or nothing, I can't tell you about how all men the world over feels about this, but according to my experiences I'd say even average or slightly below average-looking girls can use their sexuality to turn most guys into slaves.
Quote by oZone_TNS
Yeah, my mom does that. She wanted me to move somethin and I said why dont you do it?
Then shes said 'cause Im a woman.'

Needless to say, I didnt move it for her
You should have moved it for her and then used it to own her.

The next time she tells you to do something you say "I don't have to listen to you, you're just a woman".

You might have to explain it to her, but she'll get the point and never use that excuse again.

Point is if you don't point out stupidity, people will never learn.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

If you account for jobs, experience, and position, the wage difference is basically nil.
And actually, most spousal abuse is by women against men. I have a meta-study if you want to see it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
There are so many answers to this question I am not even sure where to begin. The biggest would likely be the separation of home and public life. For the longest time men were seen as participating in the public sphere of society and being the primary wage earner of the family and playing a crucial role in deciding who society would be run. Women on the other hand have been relegated to the home life, where their primary responsibilities were to raise children and take care of domestic matters. They had little or no say in how society was run.

A key facet of this situation is that women were socialized to believe that they had certain attributes, such as being carring nurturing, passive. These traits were partly used as excuses to keep women from having access to higher education and subsequently made it hard for them to get jobs, let alone good jobs such as lawyer, doctor or other respected and lucrative profession. With this women were forced to accept there secondary role in society and remain tied to the home.

Whilie this has changed alot in recent times, say the last 30 years, women still faced wage and professional discrimination that are reflective of past ideas adn the power structure created by men. By the way I am a man if that matters.
Quote by The Ted
LOL both woman and black people are better off then white males.
Women: I can't stop or cause an abortion

You mean you don't have rights over someone elses body? OH NOES!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!

You mean you don't have rights over someone elses body? OH NOES!

The woman has "rights" over the child's body under the law.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
The woman has "rights" over the child's body under the law.

...huh?

He said women had it better than him because he couldn't make a woman to have an abortion...

EDIT: I've missed something
Quote by meh!
...huh?

He said women had it better than him because he couldn't make a woman to have an abortion...

I know. You have a problem with a man exercising control over a womans body, but no problem with a woman exercising control over a child's.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I know. You have a problem with a man exercising control over a womans body, but no problem with a woman exercising control over a child's.

Or you're assuming that and I was simply reffering to the part where he couldn't force an abortion. (you're not though, don't worry, haha)

You don't think Women should be allowed abortions?
Quote by pepsi_lovr
Title, serious answers only PLEASE.

I really don't see why they think that they are not equal to men. I mean they go through the exact same hardships as men, and blame in on them not being equal. WTF!

pepsi

we arent equal to men..... we make, on average, 68 cents for every dollar a male makes. there is gender inequality everywhere- health care, education, the workplace, politics. there is more violence against women- rape, sexual harassment, abuse. theres unequal acess to power and property and stuff based on gender. females are a minority group in just about every culture, including america.
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Page 1 of 4