Hey I am new to playing guitar. I have only been playing for about 2 months on and off and I was thinking about buying an electric guitar. Is a Robson Standard Electric, 10 watt Robson amp... strings and some other stuff, It is for $199.99. Is robson a good brand for beginning.

Thanks
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Robson?

if you're begginer, i'm sure you wouln't mind having crappy gear
never heard of it, man... squiers are much better than people give them credit for, just get one
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
nah dude if youre playing anything less than a gibson les paul from before 1980 through a vintage marshall stack then you just might as well not play at all.

but seriously ask either the electric guitar or the guitar and bass bascs forum. not the pit.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
nah dude if youre playing anything less than a gibson les paul from before 1980 through a vintage marshall stack then you just might as well not play at all.

i dont think you need that gear if you are just beginning. cause thats a waste if you happen to just not want to play.

to threadstarter: i have never heard of robson before. why dont you take a more experienced player in the store to see how it plays or something?
ya that is the guitar.... yes i know from future shop but i dont want to spend too much money on a beginner guitar. The only thing that will probly bother me is the buzzing. I mostly play metal and rock.

What would be a good guitar ser up(other than this one) for starting for around $250-300

thanks
I'd suggest you get an Ibanez or a Squier starter kit of sorts, they're generally fine quality for the money paid.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Around how much does a Ibanez guitar and maybe a 10 watt amp(just a little one) cost usually?
They have 'newbie' sets that include a guitar and an amp around 150ish bucks I think

edit: sorry I lied, I was thinking pounds. It's around 250 for their starter pack in the US I believe

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

^ this guy wins

Quote by blackclouds2
Bottle of Smoke, thanks alot for the website.... do u know where they ship from?? What do you guys think of this set

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Player-Pack?sku=518677
Looks alright to me

that'll likely do... you wont need a new one till you get more motivated and serious. Im not sure where they ship from, probably somewhere in middle america i think. I've bought from them several times, and theres never been a problem... you should buy some picks or something too, cause orders over $200 usually ship for free. Everything i bought has come in about a week.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by synd_lv_nd_pz
i dont think you need that gear if you are just beginning. cause thats a waste if you happen to just not want to play.

Wow, I think the sarcasm flew over your head.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
You need beginner gear to be durable so that when you put a strap on and stand up, the pegs won't eventually snap off. I'm not kidding. But this Robson doesn't look bad. I personally suggest anything with a rosewood fretboard. The Yamaha Pacifica is a great starter guitar along with any 10-15 watt amp.
I've found Jesus